Using various on hand lenses on the AF100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using various on hand lenses on the AF100

Just ordered my AF with the 20mm pancake lens to get started. I also wanted something like the 14-140 but decided to hold off, get a couple of adapters and see what I have around the house that might work. After scavenging in old photo stuff and my wife's stash, I found the following:

(from my wife's Nikion D50 case)

Nikon DX 18-55 F3.5-5.6 (no aperture ring)
    Sigma 70-300 APO Macro F4-5.6 (has aperture ring - her favorite lens for outdoor portraits)

(from an old Canon AE-1)

Canon 50mm F1.8
    TOU/Five Star 75-200 Macro F4.5

All lenses clean and in great shape.

I shoot nature, landscapes, stock footage and narrative. Will any of these lenses be of use?
    A feature film shot on the Sony FS7

www.Summerof67.com

Try them for your self.

FWIW. None of them would suit me and what I do.
    www.shooterfilm.co.nz

Panasonic AF102

SONY-FS700R

RR baseplate , F/F, Shoot35 Cinebox, Panasonic 1700HD Monitors. Adaptimax adapters. Ikan VX7e. Samurai

Prime Lenses: Nikkors . 20/f2.8, 24/f2.8, 28/f2.8, 35/f2.8, 50/f1.4, 50/f2, Micro 55/f3.5, Micro 60/f2.8, 85/f1.8, 105/f2.5, 135/f2.8, Contax -Zeiss 28/f2.8, 35/f2.8, 50/f1.7, 85/f2.8

VariPrimes: Nikkor 17-35/f2.8, Nikkor 28-70/f2.8,

GH2. Olympus 14-54 MkII

Cartoni , Weaver Heads , Miller legs. Zhuter Slider

Comment

I have some Canon FD lenses from back in the day. Using a Fotodiox Canon FD to MFT adapter, I tried out a 50mm f/1.8 and a 35mm f/2.8. I was surprised at how well the images looked from those small lenses. I also have a telephoto lens that I haven't tried yet.

You'll have to manually adjust the aperture, so that Nikon DX will be a challenge, but try it out, it's kind of fun.

I've been researching a fast lens that can be used for interior shots, and with recommendations from forum members, have narrowed it down to a fast zoom around 17-50mm.

Comment

do the FD lenses focus to infinity on the af100?

Comment

Yes, assuming you have the correct adaptor.

Because the focal flange distance is much shorter on the AF100 than the Canon FD system, all FD lenses will work perfectly on the Af100. You simply need an adaptor that puts the lens at the correct spacing from the image plane - so just about any adaptor on the market will work. Fotodiox is one popular brand for adaptors.
          VIDEO PRODUCER ON THE NSW NORTH COAST, AUSTRALIA
          Sony FS700 || Shogun Inferno
          Adobe CC 2018

Comment

Nikon DX 18-55 F3.5-5.6 (no aperture ring) - Pretty slow lens, so you won't get that shallow of a depth of field. You'd need an adapter that has an aperture ring that would work with that particular lens.

Sigma 70-300 APO Macro F4-5.6 (has aperture ring) - Pretty slow lens, so you won't get that shallow of a depth of field.

Canon 50mm F1.8 - Fast lens. Might give you a pretty decent image. It's subjective though, so you'd need to get an adapter and try it.

TOU/Five Star 75-200 Macro F4.5 - Not familiar with this lens, but it is slow. And 75-200 may not be that usable, depending on what you intend to shoot with it.

Comment

Working...
            X