Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Heads were just changed last month by Panasonic"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220914995480...84.m1423.l2649

I thought heads referred to tape heads - this is a solid state camera; how could there be any heads to replace? I've never cracked one open, but what do I know? Does this sound right to any of you?

well i duno about that either but i wouldn't be buying from someone with only 4 reviews on ebay
    http://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jambred

Comment

This one does not pass the smell test.
      Paul
      Lizardlandvideo.com
      Latexfilmservice.com
      Camera and Grip Electric Rentals in Dallas and Shreveport
      Phoenix Video Productions

Comment

A starting price of $50 and no reserve from someone who has only bought $0.99 recipes on eBay is definitely suspect.

Comment

"Shoot a short film, your daughter’s dance show..."

...yeah, right!
          _/__/__/__/__/__/__/__/__/__/

Jeff DePonte
          http//www.jdesign.tv

Comment

I just bid on the new Briggs & Stratton gas powered camera by the same lister. Apparently it uses just regular chainsaw lube on the heads. I hope I win!
            www.markwelch.tv
            AF-100, CPM Sidewinder shoulder mount, Nikon 50mm, 35-70 f.2.8, Nikon 50-300 f4, Lumix 20 mm f1.7, 14-140 f4, Lectrosonics, Sound Devices Pix 240, Sound Devices MixPre, Arri lighting, Cobra dolly.

Comment

Originally posted by OKCPicker View Post
              I just bid on the new Briggs & Stratton gas powered camera by the same lister. Apparently it uses just regular chainsaw lube on the heads. I hope I win!
              I lol'd.

Comment

The seller seems to know his product well ....
                Everything involving the pig is above board.

Comment

Be very careful, doesn't look right to me.

Comment

Well I would say something is terribly wrong here. To claim that Panaosnic just changed the heads and there is a 1 year warranty, is very suspect. If you want to throw money at a possible stolen camera(I mean why else would he be willing to sell it so cheap and then use the money gained for an upgrade?)
                    Keep you money,

Jan
                    Jan Crittenden Livingston
                    Panasonic System Communications Corporation
                    Partner Sales Manager, NY and NJ

Comment

Shoot.... and I thought this was only the first step of clever retro-engineering and soon - in version -2.0 - we could have the AG-AF 1xx hardware downgrade to hand-crank.....
                      writer/director/producer
                      www.22ndplot.de
                      http://www.vimeo.com/user1958347

Comment

Originally posted by Jan_Crittenden View Post
                        Well I would say something is terribly wrong here. To claim that Panaosnic just changed the heads and there is a 1 year warranty, is very suspect. If you want to throw money at a possible stolen camera(I mean why else would he be willing to sell it so cheap and then use the money gained for an upgrade?)
                        Keep you money,

Jan
                        Hi Jan. What "heads" could he even be talking about? When I hear heads I think of tape mechanisms.

*Edit* Nevermind, the seller claims this was a mistake. I told him I have a buddy in Austin and asked if it was ok to see the camera before bidding. Will update with the response.
                        Last edited by sparky33; 12-16-2011, 11:48 AM.

Comment

On Dec-16-11 at 11:39:07 PST, seller added the following information:ANYONE CURIOUS ABOUT THE HEADS THIS IS A TYPO. I HAVE ANOTHER PANASONIC CAMERA I WAS ORIGINALLY GOING TO SELL BUT DIDNT. WAS LOOKING AT THAT WHEN WRITING THE LISTING ON THIS ONE AND WITHOUT THINKING PUT THAT IN. I APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE. THAT SENTENCE ABOUT THE HEADS IS A TYPO THAT SHOULD NOT BE IN THIS LISTING. APPARENTLY I CANT DELETE THE SENTENCE AND CAN ONLY ADD THIS EXPLAINING. THANKS. PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH ANY OTHER QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS.
                          He is digging himself down deeper and deeper in the c*ap =P

Comment

I got the same response from him.

Comment

I live in Austin, so I just bid on this since I'll make him meet up with me before I send any money. Any in the area have their AF-100 stolen? Is there any way I can check the serial to see if it's gray market?

Comment

Working...
                              X