Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samurai has shown me its true value...

FWIW and FYI

I have loaded the very recently released Da Vinci Color Resolve Lite ( free version 8.x) for Windows... (and Mac of course)

Absolutely awesome product to use.

I am very familiar with it from a "client " POV when I take my work to a Resolve Facilty with a colorist..but to use it one self...Blows me away.

Now... to the point..

Thing is ...it does not accept mts and so requires a footage transcode....but...

Best thing is..it loves the source footage ( Prores) from the Samurai.

Outstanding application , amazing price and perfect for the AF100 footage because its HD. The free Lite version is HD and less.

(I am definitely going to be purchasing the full version and build a suite around it for the occasions when I can not or do not require to go out of house for full Colorist and post services.)

Beware ..there is a learning curve involved but its not too steep for basic to intermediate stages. It has power that I know I wil never get near.!
    www.shooterfilm.co.nz

Panasonic AF102

SONY-FS700R

RR baseplate , F/F, Shoot35 Cinebox, Panasonic 1700HD Monitors. Adaptimax adapters. Ikan VX7e. Samurai

Prime Lenses: Nikkors . 20/f2.8, 24/f2.8, 28/f2.8, 35/f2.8, 50/f1.4, 50/f2, Micro 55/f3.5, Micro 60/f2.8, 85/f1.8, 105/f2.5, 135/f2.8, Contax -Zeiss 28/f2.8, 35/f2.8, 50/f1.7, 85/f2.8

VariPrimes: Nikkor 17-35/f2.8, Nikkor 28-70/f2.8,

GH2. Olympus 14-54 MkII

Cartoni , Weaver Heads , Miller legs. Zhuter Slider

Where did you get the Windows version, canīt find it on the BM site.

Thanks, Frank
    frankglencairn.wordpress.com
    http://twitter.com/FrankGlencairn

sigpic

Real men edit their films in a hex editor.

Comment

Here ya go

http://blackmagic-design.com/support...1735&leg=false
      www.shooterfilm.co.nz

Panasonic AF102

SONY-FS700R

RR baseplate , F/F, Shoot35 Cinebox, Panasonic 1700HD Monitors. Adaptimax adapters. Ikan VX7e. Samurai

Prime Lenses: Nikkors . 20/f2.8, 24/f2.8, 28/f2.8, 35/f2.8, 50/f1.4, 50/f2, Micro 55/f3.5, Micro 60/f2.8, 85/f1.8, 105/f2.5, 135/f2.8, Contax -Zeiss 28/f2.8, 35/f2.8, 50/f1.7, 85/f2.8

VariPrimes: Nikkor 17-35/f2.8, Nikkor 28-70/f2.8,

GH2. Olympus 14-54 MkII

Cartoni , Weaver Heads , Miller legs. Zhuter Slider

Comment

Ahh, thanks a bunch.
        frankglencairn.wordpress.com
        http://twitter.com/FrankGlencairn

sigpic

Real men edit their films in a hex editor.

Comment

Great news! Is there any chance to grab some Prores footage from the AF100 recorded on the Samurai? Would try it before buying one. Thanks in advance,

Joaquin

Comment

are there are any good/free video tutorials for the basics of resolve? Or a quick written guide (not the manual, more to the point for the basic need-to-knows) etc.? Or do I need to pay for training somewhere or trudge through the manual?

Comment

I downloaded it (resolve lite win7 64b) a couple days ago and tried an install last night. Lots of hardware issues, seems to want its own GPU card. . .

I'm just about sold on the Samurai, except I'm certain that everyone and their brother will be introducing a clone at NAB, and probably for less.
              Last edited by Letzring; 12-15-2011, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Hi Shooter.. some questions for you on this workflow..

You want to say, that daVinchi resolve PC version can play realtime Samurai Prores ??

So, the best workflow would be; make cineform proxy for editing..than switching to original prores for daVinchi CC ??

I have i7 and geforce SCUDA support card, and I had setup daVinchi resolve, but don't have the clue how to start.. ( I can not load the footage in project)..

Would be that configuration enough for PC daVinci, or I need something more..

Many thanks!!

david
                sigpic

Comment

I think with a recorder like the Samurai brings the best of the AF camera. A solid purchase.

Comment

Thanks for the link !

Comment

Lol the guy from the oktocoptor thread has a tutorial Im watching it now to so here goes : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrqPX..._order&list=UL

Comment

Thanks Shooter. I was going to order one today but was beginning to have second thoughts. Not anymore. It will be here tomorrow.
                        Paul
                        Lizardlandvideo.com
                        Latexfilmservice.com
                        Camera and Grip Electric Rentals in Dallas and Shreveport
                        Phoenix Video Productions

Comment

Just looked into that. Great device! HD Monitor + Recorder .. im in!

Would be interesting to see whats coming at NAB argh!
                          Carlos de Varona
                          www.carlosdevarona.com

Comment

Hopefully not too far off the mark in asking this question:

What (if any) is the value of the Samurai as an external monitor? They don't talk about that feature much in the brochure... for good reason or no?
                            Pudgy bearded camera guy
                            http://mcbob.tv

Comment

I think the screen on the Samurai looks good. It's not bright so outdoors it might be to weak but indoors it works.

Comment

Working...
                              X