AF101 or small chip cam for weddings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF101 or small chip cam for weddings?

Just looking for thoughts on using a large chip vs small chip for wedding vids? I filmed one for a friend on a couple of gh13's (with mixed results)
    I run a recording studio and mostly film music video's because of this, but i'm looking to start doing some weddings too.

I would like an af-101 for my music vids but am a bit worried about controlling the focus while using it handheld for weddings.... anybody find this difficult?
    Also would like lenses with OIS but the panny ones are slooow

Also considering the ag ac160. I suppose low light could be an issue with the small chip?

www.1aweddings.co.uk

www.hotrockstudio.co.uk

The AF101 takes some getting used to as main cam for weddings but after shooting around 30 this year it does become second nature. Personally I would forget the IS lenses as you say most are too slow anyway. The benefits I have noticed over my old cams are great DOF, good low light performance with low noise. Cons in my opinion have been not the same range on zooms, stability has suffered a little but we are ironing that one out!

Steve
    http://www.wedding-video.co.uk

Comment

Do you shoot a lot of weddings handheld?

Comment

if your shooting weddings with only one cam save yourself a headache and use a fixed lens camcorder,
        I use the AF101 in conjunction with an HMC150 for weddings but wouldn't dream of using it alone, I'd miss so many shots that I can grab easily with the 150
        EVA1, AF101, AC161, GH4

Comment

I still swear by using my DSLR for weddings.

I bring my canon 7D with a 18-135mm lens, my tokina 11-16mm, a 50 F1.4 mm and an LED light, and yeah, that tends to suffice.
          sigpic
          http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2393063/
          Actor
          Musician
          Filmmaker

Comment

Just shot a wedding with my AF101 with the Voigtländer 25/0.95 and a GH2 with 14-140. Nice set-up that worked out great...

Comment

Working...
            X