Eye-Fi for studio work and interviews.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eye-Fi for studio work and interviews.

I was wondering if anyone has used the Eye-Fi 2X for studio work, interviews, or any shoot where you can be close to a laptop? Forgive me if this has been discussed on another sub-forum, I'm new to recording video to SD cards. It says it's a 8 gig class 6 card so theoretically it should be fast enough for even overcrank. It can even transfer a closed file while recording another, and it can detect if a file was transfered. Sounds like there is a 2 gig file transfer limit. That equates to just over 12 min in PH mode, so as long as each shot is less than 12 min it should work right?.

http://www.eye.fi/

Unless there's a magic way to do otherwise, I've found no way to auto-transfer video files... just stills. - Tim
    Tim Gooch
    iTGooch, LLC: IT Consulting [Project/Process Management, C/C++/C#/ActionScript/Flex/Objective-C]
    iTGooch Productions: Location Sound, Voice Talent, Independent Video Production [AF100/HVX-200/GH13/ FCS3]

Comment

Originally posted by TimTheFoolMan View Post
      Unless there's a magic way to do otherwise, I've found no way to auto-transfer video files... just stills. - Tim
      That's what I thought at first until I saw this page. They are transfering video files that are being recorded by a GoPro Hero HD.

Comment

I'll go back and revisit this, but I wasn't able to make it work with the GH-13. - Tim
        Tim Gooch
        iTGooch, LLC: IT Consulting [Project/Process Management, C/C++/C#/ActionScript/Flex/Objective-C]
        iTGooch Productions: Location Sound, Voice Talent, Independent Video Production [AF100/HVX-200/GH13/ FCS3]

Comment

I looked on the Panasonic approved list and the AF100 was not on it.

Comment

According to this it should work.

Comment

I dug up this old thread of mine to say I just did a simple test with my new Eye-Fi Pro 2X card. It wirelessly transferred a 14 second clip via wifi from my AF100 to my MacBook Pro. I'll do more testing soon.
              Last edited by Brian@202020; 12-27-2011, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Note for Mac people using FCP7 or earlier:

The Eye-Fi wireless transfer will not keep the original file structure. You'll have to do your post a bit differently. You'll need to install the Panasonic AVCHD quicktime plugin and do the transcoding in compressor. It's just as fast, just a different process.

Panasonic AVCHD quicktime plugin:
                https://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro...pt/agree_e.htm
                Last edited by Brian@202020; 12-27-2011, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X