The AF100 Book - availability and ordering info

Hi Barry and others, the book is now available from Amazon.co.uk - http://www.amazon.co.uk/AF100-Book-...105IFZW5P7903&s=generic&qid=1295456668&sr=1-1

I think that the price include delivery to UK and Europe.
AllanL works at Holdan, so this can be taken as an official announcement of a way for customers to buy it appropriately in Europe.

Also, I've heard that Holdan is offering a bundled deal; if you buy a kit from your authorized dealer that includes a bag & battery, they include a copy of the book for free.

Last edited:
Just received an update from Holdan regarding how the rollout across Europe is progressing:

"Holdan (where I work) is a distribution company, and as such we do not sell direct to end-users, but strictly sell though our reseller channel.
The AG-AF100 books have just a few days ago arrived into our warehouse. The resellers are in the process of gearing up marketing, and are placing ordering for stock with us. I expect the reseller channel in general will have stock available for dispatch within a few days.

To speed things up, I have been in contact with some of our resellers here in UK, to verify stock level with them, and for urgent orders please visit or contact Dingle Star - http://www.dsvideo.tv/ - info@dsvideo.tv . The book will also be available though some of our online etailers at Amazon.co.uk very shortly.

We are in contact with our resellers across Europe and I will try to keep everyone in the forum informed.

I hope this will be useful and please do not hesitate to contact me or any of my colleges via telephone +44 1457851000 or e-mail sales@holdan.co.uk

Best Regards

Allan"

Thanks for making it included. I don't think I ever opened my manual for my HPX, but I have read your HVX/HPX book cover to cover several times. It was the most useful guide to that camera. period. I am sure the AF100 one will rock too.

The thanks for bundling go to Jan at Panasonic USA, and to Holdan in the UK. They're the folks who have made the decision to offer it as part of the package.

Glad you found the HVX book helpful! The AF100 book is pretty similar, much of the text is the same since the basic functionality of the cameras overlap, but there's a ton of new stuff in The AF100 Book too.

Got mine yesterday and was buzzing through it last night. Very detailed and thorough information. It's quite well written and and easy read.

Thanks Barry and Jan (for making packaging it with the AF100)!

AF100 Book for Canada

AF100 Book for Canada

Barry,

Let me know when you have the distribution deal finalized for Canada - we'd love to carry it in our store.

DV Dude
The DV Shop
www.dvshop.ca

AllanL works at Holdan, so this can be taken as an official announcement of a way for customers to buy it appropriately in Europe.

Also, I've heard that Holdan is offering a bundled deal; if you buy a kit from your authorized dealer that includes a bag & battery, they include a copy of the book for free.

Presumably that's a particular bag? I've got a couple of the kata cc's on the list with my af-100 and hmc15

I finally had a chance to sit down with The AF100 Book and I love it!

When my camera arrived the UPS guy just dumped it on my doorstep (no signature required), but Barry's manual required a signature - which lets you know how valuable it really is. :)

Another source for Barry Green books in UK and on Amazon ...

Another source for Barry Green books in UK and on Amazon ...

CreativeVideo in the UK has them in stock and available for delivery to anywhere in the European Union.
http://www.creativevideo.co.uk/index.php?t=product/panasonic_AG-AF101-Book

Just to let you know Barry that we have also taken on the product as a UK e-retailer and it will be on our website next week along with then other titles that Holdan are carrying. Currently we have it added to the Amazon listing with a discount offer on your other titles when available, on our website at www.dvstuff-uk.com.
Personally I love the book - read it cover to cover yesterday, after collecting our first batch from Chris on Friday! Can't wait to view the Audio and Lighting titles too!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-li...s&ie=UTF8&qid=1295779511&sr=1-1&condition=new

Glad you liked it, and thanks for making it available for those in the EU who want to get it. Shipping internationally has been frustrating for my buyers and for me; the US Postal Service claims it delivers in 4-6 days, but in reality it usually takes a minimum of 14 and usually more like 21 days, and their "tracking" number doesn't usually actually track at all. And then sometimes but not always, the buyer gets hit with taxes and import fees, on top of it.

Now it should be much simplified, faster, fewer hassles for everyone involved, and better service for the end customer.

(you read that whole thing cover to cover, in one day? Wow... that's a lot!)

Yeah, that's one reason why I want to get distribution in Canada arranged. The delivery times from the USA to Canada are just unreasonably long. It can take 14 to 18 days to get there, and that's just silly.

The Amazon UK won't deliver books to Australia, so can I order one direct from you please?
Sure, but understand -- it usually takes our post office something on the order of three weeks to get them down to Australia. Which is just silly. Which is why I'm trying to get the book carried in Australian video dealerships. I have some in the hands of dealers now; if they place purchase orders, I'll be able to point you to those dealers.

I will be launching an Amazon.com order listing here probably sometime this week.

Thanks,
BG

Still think it will be quicker ordeing from you direct, happy to do so when you get your Amazon listing up and running.

(two weeks before I get my camera, according to John Barry)!!!!!!

website to complement the book?

website to complement the book?

Barry, any plans to create a website to complement the book? It would be a nice way to keep the book updated with new information (you can expand some articles or add new ones, list new accessories, links, videos, etc). Somehow the section about the AF 100 here at dvxuser is playing that role but because this is more a forum than a place where you ca organize information in a top-down systematic way, well it is difficult sometimes to find info about what you need, and there is also no editorial filter that can control the quality and reliability of what is written. A website could be an pretty useful extension of the book I think.

Back