Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that's one reason why I want to get distribution in Canada arranged. The delivery times from the USA to Canada are just unreasonably long. It can take 14 to 18 days to get there, and that's just silly.
    The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

Barry,

The Amazon UK won't deliver books to Australia, so can I order one direct from you please?

Cheers,

Vaughan

Comment

Originally posted by Vaughan Wood View Post
        The Amazon UK won't deliver books to Australia, so can I order one direct from you please?
        Sure, but understand -- it usually takes our post office something on the order of three weeks to get them down to Australia. Which is just silly. Which is why I'm trying to get the book carried in Australian video dealerships. I have some in the hands of dealers now; if they place purchase orders, I'll be able to point you to those dealers.

I will be launching an Amazon.com order listing here probably sometime this week.

Thanks,
        BG
        The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

Still think it will be quicker ordeing from you direct, happy to do so when you get your Amazon listing up and running.

(two weeks before I get my camera, according to John Barry)!!!!!!

Comment

website to complement the book?

Barry, any plans to create a website to complement the book? It would be a nice way to keep the book updated with new information (you can expand some articles or add new ones, list new accessories, links, videos, etc). Somehow the section about the AF 100 here at dvxuser is playing that role but because this is more a forum than a place where you ca organize information in a top-down systematic way, well it is difficult sometimes to find info about what you need, and there is also no editorial filter that can control the quality and reliability of what is written. A website could be an pretty useful extension of the book I think.

Comment

The Book arrived very quickly after I mailed the card. I imagined it was just going to be the owners manual written in an easier to understand overview. Boy, was I wrong! This work is an extremely well thought out examination of HD digital video technology and how it applies to this amazing camera. I'm a 34 year veteran of television/video (old school analog type) and this volume of work has really helped me come up to speed. All these knowledge gaps are rapidly being filled thanks to Barry. Mr. Green, you da man!
              www.markwelch.tv
              AF-100, CPM Sidewinder shoulder mount, Nikon 50mm, 35-70 f.2.8, Nikon 50-300 f4, Lumix 20 mm f1.7, 14-140 f4, Lectrosonics, Sound Devices Pix 240, Sound Devices MixPre, Arri lighting, Cobra dolly.

Comment

Hey, that's awesome -- thanks for such an excellent mini-review!

Comment

Thanks for the Book Barry! It great, it has already help me out with setting up my camera just they way I want it.
                  Troy Ruff | Director/Producer
                  Check out my new site! www.ruffproductions.net
                  email: ruff_troy@yahoo.com

Comment

Thanks Barry! Got the book this afternoon. It arrived just in time for a big shoot this weekend.

Comment

Just got an e-mail from UPS

Thanks Barry!
                      sigpic
                      http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2393063/
                      Actor
                      Musician
                      Filmmaker

Comment

Originally posted by Barry_Green View Post
                        The free offer only applies to USA residents who buy their camcorder from an authorized USA dealer.

If you want to buy a copy, please contact sales@holdan.co.uk and ask them for a dealer near you who can supply it. Congrats on your new camera!
                        thks for the replay, i have sent them an email, but they never replayed me back!

Comment

any chance it will be sold from ebay? amazon does not allow shipping to Latvia(EU) as well as to many other countries

Countries Covered
                          So far, Marketplace items can only be purchased by buyers in these countries:
                          • UK: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales
                          • Europe: Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
                          • US: including US protectorates
                          • Rest of World: Australia, Brazil, Canada, Hong Kong, Iceland, Japan, Norway, Republic of Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, South Africa
                          Last edited by anatusa; 01-25-2011, 12:50 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

hey Barry,
                            I mailed my card about 2 weeks ago (thanks for the free stamp!). When should I expect seeing my book.
                            BTW, thanks for doing this.
                            Jim
                            James Bridges
                            [url]www.typeamedia.com[/url
                            Sony F55, Panasonic GH4, Ronin M, and too many accessories!

Comment

Originally posted by James Bridges View Post
                              When should I expect seeing my book.
                              Today, according to UPS tracking!

Comment

No shipping to Sweden!!!

Hello Barry. Its me, the swede again. I have mailed with Holdan and got a mailadress to dsvideo.tv, which I mailed and never got a reply from... so that didnt work.

So today I tried to order it from Amazon.co.uk, A place I have succesfully ordered DVDs and books from several times. BUT this time, Smart digital Video, which is the seller on Amazon, doesnt ship to Sweden. This is ofcourse very funny in a sad way. I dont know what Sweden ever did to Smart Digital Video. I have never encountered that problem before. Strange thing.

If anyone knows about a serious store that know how to send things to Sweden, plz let me know. I prefer to pay upfront with VISA.

P.S. If Im lucky I'll get my AF101 next week. D.S.

Comment

Working...
                                X