This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by allanl View Post
    Hi Barry and others, the book is now available from Amazon.co.uk - http://www.amazon.co.uk/AF100-Book-B...5456668&sr=1-1

I think that the price include delivery to UK and Europe.
    They do not deviier to Germany

Comment

Originally posted by allanl View Post
      Hi Barry and others, the book is now available from Amazon.co.uk - http://www.amazon.co.uk/AF100-Book-B...5456668&sr=1-1

I think that the price include delivery to UK and Europe.
      AllanL works at Holdan, so this can be taken as an official announcement of a way for customers to buy it appropriately in Europe.

Also, I've heard that Holdan is offering a bundled deal; if you buy a kit from your authorized dealer that includes a bag & battery, they include a copy of the book for free.
      Last edited by Barry_Green; 01-19-2011, 12:45 PM.
      The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

Just received an update from Holdan regarding how the rollout across Europe is progressing:

"Holdan (where I work) is a distribution company, and as such we do not sell direct to end-users, but strictly sell though our reseller channel.
        The AG-AF100 books have just a few days ago arrived into our warehouse. The resellers are in the process of gearing up marketing, and are placing ordering for stock with us. I expect the reseller channel in general will have stock available for dispatch within a few days.

To speed things up, I have been in contact with some of our resellers here in UK, to verify stock level with them, and for urgent orders please visit or contact Dingle Star - http://www.dsvideo.tv/ - info@dsvideo.tv . The book will also be available though some of our online etailers at Amazon.co.uk very shortly.

We are in contact with our resellers across Europe and I will try to keep everyone in the forum informed.

I hope this will be useful and please do not hesitate to contact me or any of my colleges via telephone +44 1457851000 or e-mail sales@holdan.co.uk

Best Regards

Allan"
        The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

Thanks for making it included. I don't think I ever opened my manual for my HPX, but I have read your HVX/HPX book cover to cover several times. It was the most useful guide to that camera. period. I am sure the AF100 one will rock too.
          Panasonic AF100 w/ Adaptimax Plus Nikon Mount
          Atomos Samurai w/ 2x Intel 120gb SSDs
          Nikon Mount Lenses:
          - 11-16mm f/2.8 - 20mm f/3.5 - 24mm f/2.8 - 28mm f/2.8 - 35mm f/1.4 - 50mm f/1.4 - 50mm f/2 - 85mm f/1.4 - 135mm f/2.8 - 200mm f/4 -
          Other Lenses:
          - Lumix 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6, Fujia 35mm f/1.4

sigpic

Comment

The thanks for bundling go to Jan at Panasonic USA, and to Holdan in the UK. They're the folks who have made the decision to offer it as part of the package.

Glad you found the HVX book helpful! The AF100 book is pretty similar, much of the text is the same since the basic functionality of the cameras overlap, but there's a ton of new stuff in The AF100 Book too.

Comment

Got mine yesterday and was buzzing through it last night. Very detailed and thorough information. It's quite well written and and easy read.

Thanks Barry and Jan (for making packaging it with the AF100)!
              Kahn Artist Filmworks
              FaceBook

Comment

CreativeVideo in the UK has them in stock and available for delivery to anywhere in the European Union.
                http://www.creativevideo.co.uk/index..._AG-AF101-Book

Comment

AF100 Book for Canada

Barry,

Let me know when you have the distribution deal finalized for Canada - we'd love to carry it in our store.

DV Dude
                  The DV Shop
                  www.dvshop.ca

Comment

Excellent! It's close, and you'll hear about it here first!

Comment

Originally posted by Barry_Green View Post
                      AllanL works at Holdan, so this can be taken as an official announcement of a way for customers to buy it appropriately in Europe.

Also, I've heard that Holdan is offering a bundled deal; if you buy a kit from your authorized dealer that includes a bag & battery, they include a copy of the book for free.
                      Presumably that's a particular bag? I've got a couple of the kata cc's on the list with my af-100 and hmc15

Comment

Originally posted by stevekhart View Post
                        Presumably that's a particular bag? I've got a couple of the kata cc's on the list with my af-100 and hmc15
                        I presume that it is a particular kit that Holdan is offering, which would mean a bundle of those items, but I don't know the specifics.

Comment

I finally had a chance to sit down with The AF100 Book and I love it!

When my camera arrived the UPS guy just dumped it on my doorstep (no signature required), but Barry's manual required a signature - which lets you know how valuable it really is.
                          NJ Film School | Off Stage Films | Movie Poet

Comment

Another source for Barry Green books in UK and on Amazon ...

Originally posted by Barry_Green View Post
                            CreativeVideo in the UK has them in stock and available for delivery to anywhere in the European Union.
                            http://www.creativevideo.co.uk/index..._AG-AF101-Book
                            Just to let you know Barry that we have also taken on the product as a UK e-retailer and it will be on our website next week along with then other titles that Holdan are carrying. Currently we have it added to the Amazon listing with a discount offer on your other titles when available, on our website at www.dvstuff-uk.com.
                            Personally I love the book - read it cover to cover yesterday, after collecting our first batch from Chris on Friday! Can't wait to view the Audio and Lighting titles too!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...&condition=new

Comment

Glad you liked it, and thanks for making it available for those in the EU who want to get it. Shipping internationally has been frustrating for my buyers and for me; the US Postal Service claims it delivers in 4-6 days, but in reality it usually takes a minimum of 14 and usually more like 21 days, and their "tracking" number doesn't usually actually track at all. And then sometimes but not always, the buyer gets hit with taxes and import fees, on top of it.

Now it should be much simplified, faster, fewer hassles for everyone involved, and better service for the end customer.

(you read that whole thing cover to cover, in one day? Wow... that's a lot!)

Comment

Anxiously awaiting mine to arrive. It was sent out about a week ago.
                                sigpic
                                http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2393063/
                                Actor
                                Musician
                                Filmmaker

Comment

Working...
                                X