X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abhinay View Post
    Anyone tried Eye-Fi Pro X2?
    Are they slow at class 6?
    I started a thread about this a while back asking the same thing and no one seemed to have tried it.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...ws.&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by Abhinay View Post
      Anyone tried Eye-Fi Pro X2?
      Are they slow at class 6?
      Class 6 is fast enough to handle anything the AF100 can do, including overcranking.
      The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

Originally posted by Barry_Green View Post
        Class 6 is fast enough to handle anything the AF100 can do, including overcranking.
        Yes but will the Eye-Fi work other than just a SD card?

Comment

It says the Eye-Fi Pro X2 can transfer the AVCHD files directly from the card to Wi-Fi host :-) But the customer reviews on B&H says that the card is slow at recording speeds :-(

Comment

It seems like its working with AVCHD from GH2.
            http://forums.eye.fi/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3242

Comment

Barry:

I did some interviews for a Documentary on The AF100 , PH mode at 1080 30p. I have footage in SD cards and Ki Pro also for comparation purpose. I was affraid to loose quality because of the compression but I compared The Images in my FCP project , and You can hardly see the difference. Even when you zoom it, it almost imperceptible.

I would like to know the difference between the footage capture in SDcards and the one capture in an External Recorder (Ki Pro in this case).

Can you explain it, please?

Comment

Well, the explanation is -- different codecs will capture varying degrees of quality. The onboard codec is really pretty good. Not perfect, but very good and extremely usable. Your experience matches ours, for most shots there just really isn't a difference that you can see.

External recorders have the capability of delivering higher-quality footage in certain scenarios, those primarily being:
                1) Chroma keying, where you need and want 4:2:2 color, and
                2) Demanding situations where the codec might become overloaded. It's not all that easy to overload the AVCCAM codec, but it can be done, if you shoot outdoors by a river with lots of rippling/rushing water and you shoot a wide-angle shot with billions of tree leaves blowing in the wind... those are situations where the codec doesn't have quite enough bandwidth to handle all the detail so it might get a little soft or mushy on the fine detail, or "crunchy" in the water.

For interviews and things like that, you're going to be really hard-pressed to see any difference. For most users the onboard codec is going to be plenty good enough.
                The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

Originally posted by TomBoisseau View Post
                  AF100 operating range is: 32°F - 104°F
                  Oh ... crap. I work in Phoenix where it gets up over 120 degrees F.

Comment

Is anyone using the SanDisk Extreme Pro SDHC - UHS Speed Class 1 cards that are rated up to 45 MB/s, and have you had any issues with those cards?
                    Last edited by Saddler; 02-22-2011, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saddler View Post
                      Is anyone using the SanDisk Extreme Pro SDHC - UHS Speed Class 1 cards that are rated up to 45 MB/s, and have you had any issues with those cards?
                      U1 = C10 = rated at 10MB/s, regardless of what the manufacturer decides to print on the label. Many people consider the SanDisk Extreme Pros to be the best in the business, some have had issues with the non-Pro Extreme cards, but those cases are very rare.

To me when other aforementioned C10/U1 cards are just fine, the SanDisks appear overpriced overkill.
                      Lots of toys... that I barely know how to turn on

Comment

Wait, so it's really 10 MB/s instead of 45 MB/s? It would seem that the Transcend cards aren't very reliable from the posts in this thread.

Comment

The best answer!!! AF100 camera is a great camera.

Originally posted by Barry_Green View Post
                          Well, the explanation is -- different codecs will capture varying degrees of quality. The onboard codec is really pretty good. Not perfect, but very good and extremely usable. Your experience matches ours, for most shots there just really isn't a difference that you can see.

External recorders have the capability of delivering higher-quality footage in certain scenarios, those primarily being:
                          1) Chroma keying, where you need and want 4:2:2 color, and
                          2) Demanding situations where the codec might become overloaded. It's not all that easy to overload the AVCCAM codec, but it can be done, if you shoot outdoors by a river with lots of rippling/rushing water and you shoot a wide-angle shot with billions of tree leaves blowing in the wind... those are situations where the codec doesn't have quite enough bandwidth to handle all the detail so it might get a little soft or mushy on the fine detail, or "crunchy" in the water.

For interviews and things like that, you're going to be really hard-pressed to see any difference. For most users the onboard codec is going to be plenty good enough.
                          Thanks for the reply. Coming from you, is the best way to learn about it!

Comment

Wait, so it's really 10 MB/s instead of 45 MB/s? It would seem that the Transcend cards aren't very reliable from the posts in this thread.
                            I am shooting on 3 Transcend cards and they work great so far. No issues.
                            formerly know as grimepoch.

Comment

Wait, so it's really 10 MB/s instead of 45 MB/s?
                              It could very well be 45MB/s (I doubt it, and it's easy to test), but since there's no such thing as a C45 or U4.5, C10 and U1 it is. Considering the camera only needs C6 at most, it's a bit of a moot point anyways. Might make a difference when dumping the card, if you have a very fast reader. Not worth the price premium to me, however.
                              Lots of toys... that I barely know how to turn on

Comment

So far, I'm happy using Panny SDHC cards. I do need an external reader for my iMac though. Any recommendations? I also need to download other sized cards on occasion but I'm mostly concerned with SDHC compatibility.
                                Thanks.
                                www.markwelch.tv
                                AF-100, CPM Sidewinder shoulder mount, Nikon 50mm, 35-70 f.2.8, Nikon 50-300 f4, Lumix 20 mm f1.7, 14-140 f4, Lectrosonics, Sound Devices Pix 240, Sound Devices MixPre, Arri lighting, Cobra dolly.

Comment

Working...
                                X