Clear All

• Rick Burnett
    replied
    And it ships with free shippping worldwide

Leave a comment:

• Darren Levine
    replied
    Originally posted by boulder View Post
    I hope this new lens you guys are talking about is also very inexpensive.
    if your referring to the 7-500mm nifty fiffy sized .5 past light speed f1.4 rock out with your glass out, you're absolutely wrong, by the demands of the people for the people it would certainly only cost about $150 dollars with a $75 rebate ;)

Leave a comment:

• boulder
    replied
    I hope this new lens you guys are talking about is also very inexpensive.

Leave a comment:

• john deaver
    replied
    Originally posted by grimepoch View Post
    And be the size of like a 50mm DSLR prime (ie, not the Zeiss size)
    and make .5 past light speed

Leave a comment:

• Rick Burnett
    replied
    Originally posted by Kindredmachine View Post
    ROTFL.. It would definately have to be a macro lens too.
    And be the size of like a 50mm DSLR prime (ie, not the Zeiss size)

Leave a comment:

• Kindredmachine
    replied
    Originally posted by tipota View Post
    Would a 7-500 Zoom with constant f 1.4 make people stop complaining? Naaaah.... because it would not be a macro, probably..... ;-)
    ROTFL.. It would definately have to be a macro lens too.

Leave a comment:

• john deaver
    replied
    Originally posted by JesterJJZ View Post
    Which one?

Olympus E 9-18mm f/4.0-5.6 Zuiko

or

Olympus M ED 9-18mm f/4.0-5.6

The 4/3rds one seems a bit more robust.

the native micro 4/3rds one

i shot this with it

heres a few stills

Im about 10 feet from the Theater here standing just in the street. and this is my son who is roughly half as tall as i am so his head is about 2 feet from the camera

Leave a comment:

• 1dog Studios
    replied
    Originally posted by Jesse Brauning View Post
    Also, have you considered buying a set of older prime lenses, say... Minolta MDs? I've got a lovely bunch for sale.
    I have the 58mm f/1.2 MD Rokkor and it is a great lens on the 7D. I don't think I will ever have a need for 110mm lens at 1.2, hmmmmm, well actually shooting indoor events where you want a couple extreme shallow d.o.p.. A specialty lens. Just thinking out loud again trying to figure out which EOS lenses I am going to get rid of and which to keep. Maybe all of them. I mean, you can't beat the Pany 7-14mm. That is crazy wide and if you want edge to edge sharpness f/4.0 will probably do it. My Sigma 30mm APS-C sized lens is pretty sharp but at f/2.8 taking a group photo that is from edge to edge would be fine if you were absolutely perpendicular to the subjects. I thought I was until I checked later and the 10 people out of 200 that were on the right side were all out of focus. At f/4.0 that may not have happened.

Leave a comment:

• 1dog Studios
    replied
    The confusion in the beginning, for me, was the formats that the lenses are made for; example: FF, APC-S, M4/3 & S35 lenses. Buying FF lenses to go with a Micro 4/3rds sensor got me a few times. And oh yeah, don't forget the APC-S Tokina 11-16, on the wide, 11mm is now equal to a 13mm micro 4/3rds lens. Older FD lenses, let's say a 20mm is a 40mm aprox.. Or maybe I'm still confused. I will just labeling my lenses accordingly. The Abel fov page is nice but was still a tad confusing at first. For cinema crop I only care about .8x not 1.3x. Kudos though for them putting it up.

I think the 14-140 is great, but I would've been willing to shell out $500 - $700 more for that lens if they had made it an internal zoom. But........the great thing is I can always rent the PL mount/lenses for a commercial and for me that is a big selling point.

I may say, just screw all the other lenses and go with the Pany's for doc and indie work and use the PL for work where the budget allows.

Fine Print:
    This is just my personal preference to keep things simple and in no way am I implying that there is a right way or wrong way.

Leave a comment:

• Jesse Brauning
    replied
    Also, have you considered buying a set of older prime lenses, say... Minolta MDs? I've got a lovely bunch for sale.

Leave a comment:

• Jesse Brauning
    replied
    Tvdie23, it's not as simple as that.
    But if I understand correctly, the 35mm adapters generally have full frame ground glass, meaning that for what you are used to seeing in the viewfinder, your assessments are basically correct.

Leave a comment:

• Tvdie23
    replied
    want to double check.
    ED 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 will be like 24-120mm??
    Panasonic 14-140mm F4-5.8 will be like 28-280mm??

Last time I shot a short film with a HPX-170 with Letus 35mm Adapter with the Zeiss Lens set 28,35,50,85,100. It basically covered what I needed. I do not own any camera or lens so it is hard for me to compare physically.
    So if I get the Olympus ED 12-60mm.. will cover from wide to close up right? since it will be 24-120mm? (Don't have a budget to get prime lens atm)
    I don't use auto focus and love the speed on that lens. It seems like better than the Panny lens.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Jarek Zabczynski
    replied
    Originally posted by john deaver View Post
    . i use an Olympus 9-18 on my Gh1 for wides
    Which one?

Olympus E 9-18mm f/4.0-5.6 Zuiko

or

Olympus M ED 9-18mm f/4.0-5.6

The 4/3rds one seems a bit more robust.

Leave a comment:

• nosys70
    replied
    there is an iphone apps to calculate this , don't remember the name but search for "match lens"

Leave a comment:

• john deaver
    replied
    Originally posted by JesterJJZ View Post
    Here's my question.

My reference for wide angle has been the DVX and HVX. When I shoot with my 35mm adapters I tend to just take them off and shoot "stock" for my wide angles. What is the mm lens equivalent on the HVX? Or what mm lens would I need to get for the AF-100 to match the wide angle FOV that I get with my HVX?

HVX200 has an 35mm equivalent lens of 32mm according to BH

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...3_3CCD_P2.html

and equivalent FOV would be achieved on the AF100 with a 16mm lens. Luckily there are several lenses available both a little wider (Panasonic's new 14mm f/2.5) and a little narrower (the must have 20mm f/1.7.) Both Panasonic and Olympus make several zooms that cover that range. i use an Olympus 9-18 on my Gh1 for wides

Leave a comment:

Working...
X