X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-Media
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan Patrick O'Hara View Post
    I've had experience with the 10mm Standard Speed... any vertical lines such as architectural elements close to the lens and at the sides has some funky distortion. 10mm is just really wide lens. Keeping the shot locked off helps hide this distortion from the audience. Pans or camera movements really lets it show.
    As I understand it, the Lumix lenses combined with the Panasonic Cameras provide (some) barrell correction.
    I've been using the Tokina 12-24 with a Nikon body for a few years and it is a GREAT lens!.... However, the 14-140 that I just got almost covers that... The 7-14 seems really tempting... I've been considering selling the Nikon body (along with the 12-24 and the 24-120) and getting a GH body for stills and then having only to deal with one set of lenses and compact ones at that for both video and stills. I did get the 20mm 1.7 for low light and weight and I plan to keep the Nikon Macro and tele, but the idea that the Lumix glass works with the AF100 right now is a powerful incentive... That 7-14 would round out the collection nicely at least in the near term. It's ironic, that I thougt I was getting the AF100 because I would be able to use my existing Nikon glass and here I am buying Lumix lenses... albeit happily... just ironic.

Leave a comment:

• PaPa
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Kahn View Post
    Just to double check...

The Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 does NOT have an aperture dial on the lens? Correct?

Then this adapter lets you control the f-stop through the electronics of the AF100?

I have a similar adapter for Canon FD lenses but with those you still must stop down manually on the lens.

EDIT: Found the answer!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikkor-NIKON-G2-...ht_3097wt_1141

Looks good!
    looks like a decent option, but im thinking the adapter i posted might be an easier option since the ring can let you actually dial in specific f stops if you are able to use a waveform monitor and set marks on the dial as opposed ot this screw which would be very difficult to measure.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Kahn
    replied
    Originally posted by CineStill View Post
    The Nikkor 14-24 2.8 and it looked plenty wide to me. It is a reasonable price lens with fantastic optics for the price in my opinion. The 7-14 when panned draws attention to itself as it is so wide! So I feel I would rarely us it.
    Agreed! Looks good. Thanks!

fwiw today I talked to a film steady cam op whose been in the business 30 years. I asked him his opinion and he agreed with you. He thought 14mm was wide enough for him without a doubt.
    Last edited by Steve Kahn; 10-24-2010, 08:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CineStill
    replied
    Nikon G lens adaptor

Hi Steve On the back of a nikon G lens is a little flange that I imagine is controlled mechanically by the adaptor, I have ordered one but have not seen it yet. I doubt with this adaptor that there will be any electronic communication as it only costs $35. I am using;
    Nikkor 14-24 2.8 G ED
    Nikkor 24-70 2.8 G ED
    Nikkor 80-200 2.8 G ED
    Nikkor 24mm 1.4 G ED
    Nikkor 50mm 1.8
    Nikkor 55 mm 3.5
    Nikon 100mm 2.8
    The Alpha Romeo shoot looked like they were using the Nikkor 14-24 2.8 and it looked plenty wide to me. It is a reasonable price lens with fantastic optics for the price in my opinion. The 7-14 when panned draws attention to itself as it is so wide! So I feel I would rarely us it.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Olsen
    replied
    Interesting...I didn't know the F-mount electronic Nikon lenses still had any sort of manual aperture actuator lever...good to know.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X