b4 lens on af100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

b4 lens on af100

is there anyway to mount a b4 lens on this camera?
    SLM Production Group
    http://www.slmproduction.com - HPX500 available

Hi Seth. I think this was brought up before but cant recall. On the mount - not 100% sure but due to the chip size you'll most likely cop a whack of vignetting.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

Comment

Yes there are B4 mounts made already; I even have one but haven't tried it out. I think the mount I have is B4->Canon FD, and then you'd use an FD->M43 adapter, but if you root around on ebay you might even find a B4->m43 adapter.

As Noel said, it's of limited usefulness because B4 lenses are designed to cover a 2/3" chip, which is less than 1/4 the size of the AF100's chip. So you'll have to zoom in quite a bit, and use an optical doubler, in order to get full coverage without vignetting. And of course there's no way to power the zoom or auto-iris.

So yes it can be done. Whether it's a practical solution, well, that's another question.
      The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

Here is short answer.
        Any B4 zoom 2/3" lens with 2x extender works fine on m4/3 bodies.
        Without extender you'll get heavy vingetting.
        In GH1 sections you can find large thread about this.
        Converters are very rare and costly.

Sometimes I don't get Panasonic. Why they do not produce cheap ($30) converters to B4 and few other ENG lenses mounts?

Comment

Is there a crop video mode? ..... it would make so much sense if they could have a 2/3" crop mode for us to use PL 16mm lenses and such.

(assuming the sensor is larger than 1920x1080)
          stylecreative.net - Designer/Video/Music bloke

Comment

Working...
          X