Outdated Panasonic Palmcorder questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdated Panasonic Palmcorder questions

I was wondering if anyone out there could help me out on a few questions I need answers to.

First of all I have a Panasonic Palmcorder PV-L354D-K

It uses VHS-C tapes, and I don't have the regular sized VHS shell to put them into so they play on a VCR. However I do have the cord which allows me to hook the palmcorder up to a TV.

I also have a Gateway laptop.

Now can anyone tell me what is the cheapest way to transfer the VHS-C tapes to my laptop so that I can edit the footage?

Is there an additional cord I can buy, somewhere, that is relatively inexpensive?

I would like to be able to do this myself without having to go through an expensive third party VHS-DVD transfer service.

I would also like to shoot a short film this October 2010, and enter it into a film festival for next summer 2011, so if any of this is possible in the next 15 or so days the appreciation would go through the roof.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my questions, I'm hoping all of this can cost me well under $50

Nobody knows the answers to these questions? There must be someone out there. Come on folks, grace me with your knowlege, I am in need!

Comment

I'd connect the Palmcorder to a MiniDV camera, record the footage and then capture the footage from the DV camera to the laptop. This means you might need to borrow a digital camera but every Uncle has one.

Comment

This forum is directed towards questions relating to the AF100.

You need to post the question in another thread.

If your laptop has a firewire connector, look into a Canopus ADVC110 converter.
        David S.

Accept No Imitations.
        www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com
        and...
        www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
        Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

Comment

Alright, thanks!

Comment

kind of cracks me up that a question about a VHS-C tape shows up in the AF100 forum

Comment

Working...
            X