X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF100 pics

Don't know if these are anything new but this was just posted:
    http://www.definitionmagazine.com/
    They are stating "The AF100 carries the same sensor as the prosumer GH1 camera". I think I read elsewhere that it's a new sensor. The anticipation is killing me.

I'm always skeptical of how one site has photos like this with no indication of how it got them or it has confirmation about the sensor.
    David S.

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Media View Post
      Don't know if these are anything new but this was just posted:
      http://www.definitionmagazine.com/
      They are stating "The AF100 carries the same sensor as the prosumer GH1 camera". I think I read elsewhere that it's a new sensor. The anticipation is killing me.
      Jan Crittenden said it's not the sensor in the GH1. Whether it's a totally new and different sensor or a tweaked version of the one in the GH1 or possibly GH2 hasn't been divulged.

Comment

Is that an electronic adapter for Nikon glass in one of the pics?
        Kevin DeOliveira - Director / Editor

FACTION
        Commercials - Branded Content - Film
        ‎wearefaction.com

Comment

Originally posted by dmpsk8 View Post
          I was wondering the same thing myself. It looks like it says Lumix on it. Would be a Godsend if it was.

Comment

Originally posted by David S. View Post
            I'm always skeptical of how one site has photos like this with no indication of how it got them or it has confirmation about the sensor.
            Me too but they've had really reliable/reputable info in the past. They're not from the states either so maybe they know something we don't...or it's just banter.

Comment

Originally posted by David S. View Post
              A few of those photos have been grabbed from this official teaser site http://pro-av.panasonic.net/en/af100/index.html
              The rest have been grabbed from around the web.
              stylecreative.net - Designer/Video/Music bloke

Comment

Here's what Im liking thus far - It has the DRS function (my only concern here of course is how well DRS would work on the AVCHD - Ive only seen the panasonic iteration on AVCIntra - anyone car to comment?). I love that it has an ND dial at the front, thats very cool.

Lastly, thus far, I love that this is a camera designed for motion images with HD-SDI, built in XLR's and the ND wheel at the front as mentioned.

Im always saying give me a P2 option blah blah. But with no scarlet out, and seriously 80% of what I shoot now is on the 5d and the fact I think we can safely assume the avchd codec would have to be better than what the 5d has, its moved much higher on my radar.

And yes, did I already mention how much I love the format v DSLR?
                w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
                p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

Comment

Originally posted by Noel Evans View Post

And yes, did I already mention how much I love the format v DSLR?
                  Agreed. I can think of so many reasons this would be a better option than any DSLR. It would be worth the money difference to me.
                  Paul
                  Lizardlandvideo.com
                  Latexfilmservice.com
                  Camera and Grip Electric Rentals in Dallas and Shreveport
                  Phoenix Video Productions

Comment

This camera should blow away the other DSLR's. Many people are sceptical, thinking it will be a dissapointment just like the GH1 but I think they fail to realise this is a professioonal camera from Panasonics professional division. So it's pretty safe to say it will be amazing.

Does anyone else think it would look hilarious with the tiny 20mm pancake lens of the front?
                    VIDEO PRODUCER ON THE NSW NORTH COAST, AUSTRALIA
                    Sony FS700 || Shogun Inferno
                    Adobe CC 2018

Comment

Originally posted by deltoidjohn View Post
                      Many people are sceptical, thinking it will be a dissapointment just like the GH1 but I think they fail to realise this is a professional camera from Panasonics professional division. So it's pretty safe to say it will be amazing.
                      Agreed, Id add also I think its pretty safe to say that a lot of people out there that shoot motion for a living will be hoping this kicks ass.
                      w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
                      p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

Comment

If only it weren't AVCCAM... *sigh*
                        Shoot for the Impossible...Then do it.

www.jarek.com
                        Red Weapon 8K

Comment

Originally posted by JesterJJZ View Post
                          If only it weren't AVCCAM... *sigh*
                          Have you ever used AVCCAM?
                          The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

Originally posted by dmpsk8 View Post
                            I'm thinking its a m4/3 to 4/3 adapter (or 4/3 to m4/3, whichever it is).

I'm looking forward to seeing some footage from the camera, and looking forward to seeing some in person. Fun form factor!

Comment

How heavy is the af-100 going to be with a battery and lens? I ask only because I wonder what the best stedicam setup might be... it might be too heavy for the merlin or?

Comment

Working...
                              X