Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barry or Jan - Can Someone Confirm the AF100 is now priced under $10k?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dcloud View Post
    well im not complaining. im still buying it if its 6k... i just wish it was lower so i can have money on other stuff like.. lenses or matbox filters followfocus... wishing and hoping is different from what you hear from tzedekh :P
    In fact, "wishing and hoping" can't logically be contrasted with what you hear from me. Initially (about three months ago), I questioned the $6K price, but I recently I questioned only the spurious $10K price, not the $6K one. Even Barry Green did.

Comment

Originally posted by subtleinspiration View Post
      you people need to stop whining about the price and start saving if you want one.

come on, it's not that hard. and if you can't be bothered to take on an extra job or to downgrade your cable service or stop eating out all the time in order to save up for what will surely be a nice piece of equipment, then why the hell are you in this business anyway?
      $6k without glass is still a junk of change.

I see a lot of potential purchasers interested in the price of the body, what glass will run, and other anticipated or unanticipated costs. Those factors are part of every purchase decision for many, if not most small business or sole owners.

Many of us do take on extra jobs, have downgraded cable services, and don't eat out at all, and are still cost and budget conscious.

To me that how you make money, by making thoughtful, careful, and well researched decisions.
      Last edited by David Saraceno; 08-07-2010, 01:21 PM.
      David S.

Accept No Imitations.
      www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com
      and...
      www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
      Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

Comment

Well said, David, and a good parting thought. Can we now close this thread?

Comment

I agree.

Jan and Barry have confirmed the price, and that's what I asked.
          David S.

Accept No Imitations.
          www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com
          and...
          www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
          Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

Comment

Working...
          X