AG-AC90A camera bags or cases...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC90: AG-AC90A camera bags or cases...

Hey guys. I just purchased the AG-AC90A and wanted to know what bags/cases you guys are using? I have many bags and cases but the issue is that the camera with the mic holder attached is very tall and nothing fits it! It would not be a good idea IMO to keep attaching/re-attaching the mic holder when you need it. So, any suggestions on what you are using? Thanks!
    Last edited by Lake Films; 01-26-2015, 08:45 PM.
    Make It Happen
    www.lancejrehaphotography.com
    www.lakefilms.com

I use a KATA bag. I live in Europe but I presume one can purchase these bags world wide.

Comment

I've been using Porta Brace Cargo Case. I can leave a shotgun mic attached while in the case, but I unplug the XLR cable to avoid any pressure on the cable. The bag is deep enough to zip up on top, although I do wish it was just a bit taller/deeper. You can get it on B&H or Amazon, (search: CAR-2CAM) for ~$150.00 at the time of this writing.
      Last edited by bishun; 01-27-2015, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Thanks, that looks like a great bag! What do you guys think of this one?
        http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002PU9SQU/...l_huc_continue
        Last edited by Lake Films; 01-27-2015, 12:33 PM.
        Make It Happen
        www.lakefilms.com

Comment

There are like a zillion bags out there - really comes down to, do you prefer a hard case or soft, a pelican-style or tenba style, or a backpack-style?

I prefer hard cases with velcro dividers vs. foam - but every time I upgrade to the next panasonic, it gets bigger (AC 160's big, don't know about the 90) so it can be tough to find a hard case to fit.

The 130/160 will just fit in a pelican 1550 (or the similar SKB size), with the mic mount feeling a bit high, but plenty of room for batteries/controllers/etc.

Still, much as I dislike it, mine ends up in a ThinkTank backpack often (OK, they're awesome backpacks) - that damn mic mount - and I almost never mount a mic on the thing, I try to get better audio than from-camera.

Comment

I like hard case or soft, I have both. Yes, that darn mic holder is very high and not easy to remove and I know those screws will get lost if removed everytime I want to bag the camera. I need it attached for jobs. So, I need a very deep bag/case.
            Make It Happen
            www.lakefilms.com

Comment

So I had to take the mic holder off and right now the camera is living in my thinktank backpack.
              Make It Happen
              www.lakefilms.com

Comment

Working...
              X