Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help best match scen file ag-ac130 Canon eos 550d and Scene File for soccer Match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC130: Help best match scen file ag-ac130 Canon eos 550d and Scene File for soccer Match

Hi¡¡

I'm spanish so I would like to apolagize my english level and If i'm concise.
    I've a ag-ac130 Spanish or European version (25p 50p)

I need help with two differents scen files:

1º I'm going to record interviews with two cameras: ag-ac130 and canon eos 550d. I need a scene file which best match the cameras.

2º Also I need a scene file to a Soccer match, and a correct frame rate I think I will record in 720 50p. What is the better shutter speed for that?

And What shutter speed you usually use?

Barry Green When you translate to spanish you book¡¡¡ Here in Europe don´t give the book with the camera. We are a little third world...

And last What cheap and good quality steadycam you recommend me?

Thanks¡¡

For matching an AC130 to a DSLR, you could try the Panasonic "DSLR" scene file.
    http://www.panasonic.com/business/pr...sp?model=AC130

You'll find it in the "EFFECTS" package. But you will probably have to edit the scene file text file to change the header to match your camera model, because these scene files are from Panasonic USA and are designed to work in the USA model.

For the soccer match, I'd use 1/50.

As for the book, yo he empezado aprendar espanol para hacer una traduccion a espanol, pero Panasonic Europa no queria comprarlos de mi, y entonces no podia justificar el gasto para un traductor y para la publicacion. My Spanish is nowhere good enough to handle the technical terms and concepts (as you can tell from that sentence I tried to string together!) and without distribution from Panasonic Europe and Panasonic Latin America, it would be extremely difficult to sell enough copies to make it justify the expense. It is something I wanted to do, but I couldn't find a way to make it happen.
    The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

Thanks Barry,

And in the case of shutter speed when Use 1/50 and when use 2x the frame?

Please I'm looking for a Steadycam good qualitiy and cheap. By now I've selected the Flycam 5000 with arm and vest.
      Do you reccomend me another better?

Thx¡¡

Comment

Use 2x the frame rate when wanting to emulate the look of film. When shooting 50p for the "live event" look, use 1/50th.
        The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

Matching - in my experience - is far more than a set of numbers to plug into a scene file (with all respect to Barry!)

You need to look closely at footage of the same scene (and hopefully test charts) from both cameras; you need to analyze what the differences are (black levels, saturation, color cast and color phase issues). Get a friend with average skin tones and make a little still life with blacks, grays, whites, and saturated colors if you don't have a chart. it's a set it, test it, and tweak it process, so plan to spend an hour or so.

You can go a very long way dialing down saturation and adjusting the master ped. on panasonic cameras to lighten the blacks, when also working with DSLRs with any sort of flat profile. But you'll often get strange things (in my experience the hue & saturation of reds on the 130 and often yellows on DSLRs). But for best results, you need to work on both cameras' settings - it's just that the panny has many more.

Color phase is a very overlooked setting for tweaking your colors, too.

And use the lowest-noise gamma - some of the settings seem like they'd be more DSLR-like, but the AC cameras are bizarre for tweaking things and suddenly finding where the noise is. And try to get the Panasonic to be the one that needs the least grading!

It's easier to do this if you have two monitors you trust.

Sometimes post is the only way to match color hue issues, like dialing reds away from coral to true red or vice versa - so you need a plugin that addresses specific colors, like reds, yellows, greens.

I feel like the answer to 80% of questions here is TEST TEST TEST... it's a great way to learn more about the deep end of your camera.

Comment

Working...
          X