Touch Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC90: Touch Screen

I've seen a few comments at the B&H review site on the ac90 indicating that the touch screen seems fragile, that it might snap off, etc. I haven't seen many opinions directed at this aspect of the camera. What is the general feeling about the touch screen design.

Been using it for a couple of years, and so far it has managed to stay firmly attached...
    The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

If you use your forefinger and thumb and lightly pull out or close the LCD, there will not be an issue. If you yank it out fast and push it in hard, not a good thing. Never had a problem
      Panasonic AG AC-130, Sony FDR-AX-100 4K,
      (Formely the Canon Xf-100 XF-300) SONY CX-150 GoPro HD-2 and Canon Hf S30.

Comment

It is more sturdy than I had expected after reading some reviews. As long as you treat it nice and don't yank it out or slap it back in you should be fine.

I know, I know.........all in proper context of course =)

Comment

Most of them have some yield if bumped. This one does not. One of the few downers that the camera has of which I am aware. I am already thinking about what it takes to fix it.
          My guess is that the 90 is a test-bed for tech they are going to implement in their higher-end cameras, but not that. Having more flex is probably one of the things they left out to keep the price so amazingly low.

Comment

I've had mine for a while and never thought it was going to break off. Just a little care should be taken as you pull it out and push it back in. When pushing on the touch screen, support the screen from the rear with a finger or two. It's been a great camera.
            -Steve-

Comment

Working...
            X