Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC90: dual sound with AC-90

Hi all
    just curious as to whether anyone uses dual system sound where the audio is captured to an external recorder and then fed into the AC-90 or whether the pre-amps are good enough not to warrant this approach? (or even if you capture audio to an external recorder and sync in post)

cheers

edit: I'm referring to event shoots/interviews etc
    Last edited by doubledark; 07-25-2017, 04:48 AM.

I normally just use the XLR inputs on the AC90 for interviews. Either a radio /reporter/ lavaliere mic anc a shotgun as backup. I find that is OK.

That said I have just got a Zoom F4 so I can use more than 2 mics. I am still debating whether to sync in post or feed the mixed Zoom F4 inputs into the camera at record time. I am going to need 2 speakers on radio mics and and additional mic and the back up shotgun.

Comment

I have two 3 input recorders (Tascam DR-60 & Foster R-302) and I'm tossing up if it's worth the extra hassle to record into one of those and then feed the output into the camera.

For a 3 mic set up then then it's needed but for 1 or 2 mics I might feed straight into the camera (especially for events where the extra weight & cumbersome setup might be very counter-productive)

Comment

For 1 or two mic's go direct to the camera. I do using Rode NTG1 & 2 Rode Reporter, Rode Lavalieres and Sennheiser G3 radio mics. (not all at the saker time :-) The performance with your mics may differ.

The preamps in the AC90 seem better than the Tascam DR40 but I have no experience of the TD60

Comment

Working...
        X