Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camera and salt spray, best way to clean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera and salt spray, best way to clean?

Yeah, the title is pretty explanatory. I was out on a fishing boat for 20 some hours, and while it didn't take any direct hits, we did get a lot of spray. I had the lens on the entire time we were on the boat, so only the outside of the camera was exposed. How should I clean it to prevent problems down the road?

Well? Any ideas before it rusts?

Comment

Don't potatoes absorb sodium? You could slice some up, rub them up and down your camera, and then fry 'em up and enjoy a snack.

Comment

Ok... any other ideas that don't involve getting vegetable juices on the camera?

Comment

I was under the impression you were seeking an alternative to taking a rag to it asap.

Comment

Wiped it with a clean cloth, but wasn't sure about using household chemicals. I also wasn't sure if a dry cloth was enough.

Comment

How do you know spray did not enter the interior? If you're relying on this cam for work you should get it checked. Even if it was just the outside, a dry cloth isn't going to remove all of the salt. Second to taking it to a pro, I would wipe it down with damp cloths, going one way and only one time, with each cloth only being used for one wipe to avoid spreading the salt.

Comment

Considering the quality of care I got from JVC the last time, I would rather hire a crackhead to service it.

Comment

Sandy prefers Panny but is willing to take a look.

Comment

Working...
                  X