Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony Vegas & the LS300 - will they work together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony Vegas & the LS300 - will they work together?

Simple question I can't find an answer to - does Sony Vegas play nice with footage from the LS300? I had a GY100 back in the day that was bloody murder to work with in Vegas (yes, that was a million years ago)...

Anyone have any hands on experience with this combo? Any issues to be aware of? (I'm using Vegas 12 BTW)

Thanks for any insight!
    John Vincent
    Evil Genius Entertainment.com

I'm using Vegas 13, and have had no problems dropping my footage into the timeline. 4K footage does slow the preview window, especially once you start applying effects, but I think that would be the case with 4K from any camera. Sometimes I have to use DRAFT AUTO to see what my effect will look like when rendered. I am running an AMD 8 core processor w/ 32GB GSKiLL RAM and NVIDIA GTX970 GPU.

Comment

FYI: Vegas Pro runs significantly faster with AMD graphics cards, and AMD is introducing their new Vega line of cards this May.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDingo View Post
        FYI: Vegas Pro runs significantly faster with AMD graphics cards, and AMD is introducing their new Vega line of cards this May.
        I have read that, and I am looking to upgrade to AMD. I have not read why that is the case, why does Vegas run better on AMD?

Comment

Originally posted by jmnpro View Post
          why does Vegas run better on AMD?
          Vegas Pro uses the open-source OpenCL graphics framework instead of the proprietary nVidia CUDA graphics framework. AMD cards have much better OpenCL support. The current consensus is that Vegas Pro will perform 2+ times faster on an AMD card compared to an equivalent nVidia card.

Comment

That makes sense, thanks. 2+ times faster, wow. Time for a new card.

Comment

Originally posted by jmnpro View Post
              That makes sense, thanks. 2+ times faster, wow. Time for a new card.
              Hey, thanks for the responses guys. Trying to pick up a used copy of the LS300 as we speak....
              John Vincent

Comment

Here's one more GREAT reason why you won't regret picking up an LS300. Firmware update 4.0 to be released on 5/29. Thank you Duncan Craig for the Google Translation:

JVC KENWOOD Corporation implements function enhancement by upgrading the version of "GY-LS 300 CH" for commercial use 4K memory card camera recorder currently on sale from JVC brand.
                With this function enhancement, it is possible to output a frame rate 60p signal at 4K shooting, and in combination with the corresponding recorder, it will realize operation as a recording system compatible with the mainstream 4K broadcast standard for broadcasting business in the future .
                In addition, this version upgrade is available by downloading the firmware "Version 4.0" (released from May 29 th) from our website and (free of charge) and installing it on the camera body.

Additional function by upgrading "GY-LS 300 CH"

Operation of recording system linked with external recorder is realized by adding external output of 4K / 60p signal corresponding to 1.4K broadcast standard

"GY-LS 300 CH" currently on sale has gained popularity as a camera system for 4K / 30p recording, but by applying this firmware, domestic broadcasting company companies set it as the standard of 4K broadcasting Also for 4K / 60p signals, it enables output from the main unit HDMI terminal. ATOMOS integrated monitor recorders "SHOGUN INFERNO" and "NINJA INFERNO" correspond to the recorded 4K / 60p signal recording * 1. In addition, the camera side is equipped with a dedicated REC trigger enabling recording control of "SHOGUN INFERNO" "NINJA INFERNO", realizing operation as a portable recording system.
                ※ 1: As of March 24, 2017. An optional SSD memory is required for recording.
                2. 4: 2: 2 sampling record of 4K / 30p, 4K / 24p possible on SD card

Up to now, sampling at 4K recording was only 4: 2: 0, but with this version up, 4: 2: 2 sampling recording of 4K / 30p, 4K / 24p is possible on the SD card mounted on the camera It becomes ※ 2.
                * 2: In the 4K 4: 2: 2 recording mode, the image output from the HDMI / SDI terminal is HD signal only.
                3. Additional function addition

· It is possible to use it even when the camera operation by web browser is 4K / 30p (or 4K / 24p) recording. (Conventionally available only when recording HD).
                · You can use the network function * 3 by connecting the machine to a computer or tablet via a network and using a web browser.

* 3: In the 4K network function effective mode, the image output from the HDMI / SDI terminal is HD signal only. Also, among various network functions, streaming function can not be used.

Comment

4K/60p!?

That is amazing...firmware updates galore for everyone.

Comment

Saw that - I was already going to take the plunge, and this news makes me feel even better about it...

Gotta give credit to JVC here - they've been consistently putting out useful firmware upgrades. S-log, 120 fps HD, 4:2:2 internal, 60 fps at 4K - all useful things to have in your bag of tricks.
                    John Vincent

Comment

Working...
                    X