Live Streaming with GY-HM200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Streaming with GY-HM200

Has anyone done live streaming with the GY-HM200 through wifi and/or a cell modem?

I'm getting ready to order the camera and my boss has been asking about live streaming High School Football games. I'm wondering how well it would do for that.

My plan is to use a wired network adapter into a switch with my laptop. Access the stream using vMix so that I can mix in webcam video of the announcers, do lower-thirds, etc... and then stream from my laptop to our YouTube channel.

How'd that work out?

Comment

Preliminarily, it's working in tests.

I got a wired network adapter for my camera. I set up vMix on my laptop and I am able to successfully stream to vMix over our LAN and mix in a Microsoft USB webcam. vMix lets me switch between those two sources. What I need to find is a cheap IP camera I can zoom into the scoreboard with.

We've had several dozen tornadoes in Kansas this week, so I'm going to do my first "live test" this afternoon and stream video of our weather coverage as the severe storms move back into our area.

Although, I may end up abandoning vMix and get WireCast which will make it easier to use Facebook Live! You can do Facebook Live from vMix, but it requires a bit more work.

Comment

Sounds like it's working for you. Saw the HM200SP in an ad and thought of you. http://pro.jvc.com/prof/attributes/f...l_id=MDL102399

Comment

Live streaming isn't on my list...yet, but nice to know the HM200 works. Learning the HM170 now. Have a FUN and SAFE weekend!

Comment

I saw the SP version, but just couldn't swing the $600 difference. I got the HM200 for $1899 and a free shotgun mic. And I bought a 3 year "drops and spills" warranty for it. However, if I would have had the extra $$$, I would have got the SP version.

Comment

DigitalBard check you messages, please.

Comment

Working...
              X