Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JVC GY HD250 sdi out to blackmagic video assist HD to record 720p?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorBro View Post
    Maybe check out the SD pull-down setting and see what the BM sees...maybe that's the only way for a 24p output.
    Where will I find the SD pull down setting?

Comment

Check out 'format' in the middle column in post #9. I never used that camera so I'm brainstorming, but the chart I enclosed has 60i with 24p in parentheses which is usually an indicator of some kind of pulldown, I believe.

Comment

Check out 'format' in the middle column in post #9. I never used that camera so I'm brainstorming, but the chart I enclosed has 60i with 24p in parentheses which is usually an indicator of some kind of pulldown, I believe.
        I think I’ve cycled through all the HDV and DV settings now and I’m not getting 24p output. Here’s a DV setting from the chart, for example:
        9BED547D-1799-4476-9FA7-A66C2941E994.jpeg

Comment

Yeah, probably not then, I figured it was worth a try.

Comment

Yeah, probably not then, I figured it was worth a try.
            Cheers, indeed it was. I’ll tinker around more with this gear and if I stumble across 24p output, I’ll post here. Doubtful though. I think this cam & BM will see action for me mainly as a 720p50 Prores machine and I ‘m happy with that. A big machine, that is:

4B633766-34C5-418E-9DCE-D917F0889E6E.jpeg

Comment

Looks pro. On a related note, I always thought it was funny how normal people even today would still think something that looks like that is really good and expensive (of course it had its time).

Comment

Looks pro. On a related note, I always thought it was funny how normal people even today would still think something that looks like that is really good and expensive (of course it had its time).
                Haha. Yes, pro looking and a bit intimidating! I remember bringing a GY HD 200 (same form factor) to shoot a local politician give a speech at some opening years ago. He was expecting some local kid with a handycam, I think, and when I set up, it threw him completely! Not his best speech as a result.

The cam does have pro features that are a joy to use though. Ergonomics, switches for zebras etc, smooth fast zooms with the fujinon lens etc. You can find these cams for a steal now too and, hey, if you go for one with HD SDI out, you can use your BM! Happy days.

Comment

Looking at that camera brings back a few memories! I made one of the rollout videos for it. Never used one again after that shoot though!

Web video from 2006 was not pretty...

http://pro.jvc.com/pro/attributes/HD...64_300Kbps.mov
                  Charles Papert
                  charlespapert.com

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesPapert View Post
                    Looking at that camera brings back a few memories! I made one of the rollout videos for it. Never used one again after that shoot though!

Web video from 2006 was not pretty...

http://pro.jvc.com/pro/attributes/HD...64_300Kbps.mov
                    Outstanding, thanks for sharing! Simpler times. From my experience of playing with the cam over the past few days, you certainly weren’t wrong about some of the better features. I have to say that the flip out monitor is actually very good for nailing focus (focus assist is subtle but effective), the fujinon lens is a joy to use in manual mode and completely nails a fast zoom and precise stop with the rocker engaged, colour reproduction is nice and the image is very pleasing. Bit soft and grainy maybe in a 720p kind of way. I still can’t quite figure out a way to toggle through white balance settings beyond the two presets or doing a manual white balance. But man, the cam sits so comfortably on the shoulder, the evf is good, the battery lasts for an eternity, the layout of buttons is logical and accessible, you get two headphone jacks and an hd sdi out. That’s not bad at all for a blast from the past!

Comment

Working...
                    X