DJI ronin 4D revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DJI ronin 4D revealed

What the heck? Kind of watching this with jaw dropped. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtLODYh34uA

Jaw dropped at the specs or the price?

Comment

The ingenuity. The price not a problem as I'm drinking more these days and they just insalled a new can deposit machine in my hotel's lobby.

Comment

I applaud the innovation. Seriously, there is some tech here at the other camera manufacturers should take note of. But it seems kind fiddly. I could imagine bumping the arm and screwing it up. And the idea of a shifting center of gravity while operating (moreso than would happen during a focus change) isn't very appealing to me.
        QuickHitRecord.com

Comment

A few thoughts/questions:

Despite the solid overall build quality (from initial impressions by reviewers), the front end is still pretty delicate, I would imagine.

How well would this work with some kind of support (easyrig, etc)? I can't imagine holding it out front for that long, despite all of the promo footage showing people doing just that...for a whopping 2 seconds at a time. ; )

It would be nice to get some ungraded clips at highest quality settings using several different lenses to see the range of image possibilities within the limits of the mount, lens weight limits, etc.

I wonder what the learning curve is like. I could see renting this rather than owning it, when specific shots would really benefit from the features, size, etc.

Comment

I was at B&H today and was playing with the 4D. It's heavy. Now I have a moza air and a black magic 4k camera and that setup is heavy as well (overtime). The 4D is built like a tank though, as peeps say. The AF was pretty amazing. had someone walk off camera that I was tracking and it was like waiting like a damn animal for them to re-enter the shot to jump on them. Was pretty impressed with that. If i was ten years younger I'd buy it. I'm 62 and making indy narrative films is just - well - getting tougher.

Comment

Working...
            X