X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joshua_G View Post
    How about lenses?
    You can use your EF-mount lenses. That's what I do on my FS7 with adapters

The FS5 and FS7 don't have useful autofocus to speak of. In my opinion, the only function of a lens that is downgraded by adapting it is autofocus performance. I'm just as happy with my Canon mount lenses on my E-mount camera as I was with them on my MFT and L mount cameras or on my Canon cameras themselves
    www.AbeFilms.com

All men are brothers

Comment

Originally posted by ahalpert View Post
      Hmm well he mentions external recording so maybe he could get around it that way
      My Canon 7D MKII (with clean HDMI out) stops feeding the HDMI signal after 30 minutes, then you have to push the record button again. Thus, it rules it out for my needs.
      I wonder how is it with Fujifilm XT3?

He could buy 1-2 Fuji lenses with thr XT3 and still stay under budget
      I doubt if 2 lenses will cover my needs. I have 7 EF mount lenses…

Originally posted by NorBro View Post
      UM 4K or UMP 4.6K? (There is no UMP 4K.)

I imagine the UMP 4.6K (first version, used) as the UM 4K (regular 4K version) has a maximum usable ISO of 400 and no NDs, so #4 and #13 on your list would be out.

(ISO 800 is the highest you can set in the camera, but it's not usable due to FPN. 400 is its native and its only.)
      Indeed, it's the UM 4K (regular 4K version), which according to users on BMD forum, has few other drawbacks. Noise-wise, it's barely usable under bright sunlight. Thus, it is out of the contenders list.

You can use your EF-mount lenses. That's what I do on my FS7 with adapters

The FS5 and FS7 don't have useful autofocus to speak of. In my opinion, the only function of a lens that is downgraded by adapting it is autofocus performance. I'm just as happy with my Canon mount lenses on my E-mount camera as I was with them on my MFT and L mount cameras or on my Canon cameras themselves
      So, with the addition of infamous Sony Menus and the differences in color science, it is out of the contenders list.

Comment

Working...
      X