Thought some of you might like this....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought some of you might like this....

A clip from my upcoming film, A Generation's Second Chance. I'm working out the noise removal here; for those who care, this entire sequence was shot at ISO 1600 on the Canon T2i! It was noisy as hell, and I'm loving how much I was able to clean it up. Enjoy!

There is a noticeable amount of DSLR aliasing coming up in some shots (mostly the dock in the wide angle, but fortunately it barely moves), and this can't really be helped at this point, but the noise removal I felt was worth demonstrating

The cleanup was done freely within AVISynth, using the wonderful MVTools2 plugin. Using a simple script, the video was processed from a lossless 1080p Lagarith export, then compressed to a high quality H.264 file (using x264).

For those wondering on the production end, we simply had no way of providing extra light, so relied on the 17-55mm f2.8 for the sequence, which was predictably too slow. Thankfully, even when pushed up to ISO 1600, the video held up. No grading has been done to this otherwise.

Extra Notes: Yes, yes, some additional noise gets crushed in the compression (Especially Vimeo's), but I assure you that you'd see far more deterioration if the original noise had been left in tact before uploading. I'll probably upload full resolution comparisons to my website soon enough.

the wide shot showed the guy lean against the pole and the closeup shot showed he free standing.

Comment

Oh I'm aware; there's unfortunately a number of inconsistencies in some takes, though I'm surprised you didn't bring up the whole glasses inconsistency

Comment

Working...
      X