Clear All

• Azmyth
    replied
    I'm looking for a good middle ground.

Thought about getting the Jag35e

Leave a comment:

• nantnee
    replied
    imo, the G35 has the best bokeh rendition of all the 35mm adapters. Paradoxically, what makes this adapter a good bokeh rendition 35mm adapter is also what makes a bad 35mm adapter. This is due to the amount of light loss this adapter (G35) amounts to. 1.4 stops is a lot of when you take into consideration the lens you'll be using, the adapter, and the camcorder lens.

For instance, a camcorder (average, give or take) will have about 1.6-2.0 stops. Add this to the 35mm lens which (reasonably priced) is 1.4 - 2. Right now, at max f-stops, is 4. Add this amount to the 35mm adapter (in this case, the G35), 1.4 and you get 5.4 stops of light loss. This isn't a big deal unless you're using practical lighting at night, or for that matter, very little lighting. Shooting at night isn't a good choice unless you own your own equipment, or there is plenty of lighting in that part of town.

I do think the G35 has the best bokeh rendition, but it comes at price.

Leave a comment:

• Huy Vu
    replied
    No, they're not useless, just VERY difficult to get right. Static adapter actually has the advantage of being bulletproof; you will never have a motor fail on you, never forget to turn the power on, and there is no shutterspeed limit since the GG isn't moving. Of course getting a fine enough grain structure for it to be usable is very tough, especially in HD, which is why the G35 is the only commercial static model that I know of.

Leave a comment:

• Azmyth
    started a topic are static adapters useless?

are static adapters useless?

Just curious as if anyone would actually use a static adapter on a shoot.
Working...
X