Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letus + Jib/crane

Hey,
    I'm wondering who here uses their adapter on a Jib/crane, and what the best techniques are for focusing? I assume lots of people just close the iris as much as possible, and then 'prefocus' on their subject, but is there a better way to do it? Ie, some sort of fancy follow focus or something... I'm totally out of the loop on this haha.
    Thanks
    Greasy wheel don't squeak.

I typically go without the adapter for jib shots. I have found that wide cam shots cut just fine against cam w/ 35mm DOF adapter.

Comment

I've used a jib with a P+S and Zeiss lenses and we rented an expensive remote controlled focus puller that would only mate with Zeiss lenses. Would work on a Letus also with the same lenses.

Comment

The best way and pretty much only way is to use a remote follow focus. There are a number of models out there and the best way to get them is rental.

Preston, Bartech, Hocus Focus...etc
        Emre Tufekci S.O.A.http://www.productionpit.com

Comment

Remote Follow focus. for really high jib shots. If its a convo shot when someone stands up then just pull by hand or with a whip
          Austin V
          www.youtube.com/boringpeopleent
          www.austinvfilms.blogspot.com
          www.austinv.wordpress.com

DVX100B, Letus Extreme, Cinevate Rails, iKAN monitor, Redrock Follow Focus, Nikon 50mm 1.4, 24mm 2.8, 85mm 2.0, Bogen 503 head with 3246 sticks, Rode NTG2 Mic, Boom Pole, Century Optics fisheye, Kata CRC-14 Raincover

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X