Sony A7Rii for events and corporate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony A7Rii for events and corporate?

Since the Sony A7Rii has dropped to $1998 from $3200 I am considering getting it as my main still camera.
    Is it a pretty good choice for wedding and event phtography and also corporate work?
    Since I already have an A7Sii, I have lots of batteries and a grip I don't use anymore, two Sony flashes and a few lenses.

Plus since the Rii can shoot 4K video I can use it for that when needed to compliment my other cams (A7sii, FS700R).

Looks like lightroom 6 perpetual has done one last update to allow the RAW files to work from the A7Rii so this has tipped me in favor of it in addition to the price drops.

I think the A7RII was prone to overheating; not sure if Sony "fixed" it with a firmware update or not.

Comment

Thank you. Yes it was, as were/are the a6000, a7s,a7sii and more. But supposedly one of the updates "fixed" it. Anyone out there have one and can say?

Also I forgot to mention hdr real estate photography as an intended purpose.
      And some of this stuff in crop mode using aps-c lenses, as I don't have many full frame lenses.

Comment

I've never experienced overheating with it when I owned one...but I'm sure it exists.

I think the a6300/a6500 were the worst. All of the ones above (and maybe others) received the ability to turn off the high temperature warning and continue shooting at your own risk.

Nevertheless, I don't think the camera would ever overheat shooting stills...or are you interested in shooting 4K with it too?

Comment

You won't overheat the A7RII shooting stills (unless it's on the ground in direct sunlight in Texas or Africa during the summer). The problem was 4k video shooting. Aside from software fixes the common shooter/user answer is to pull the rear LCD screen a half inch away from the body, which allowed air to circulate around the body.

Great camera, great IBIS. If there was an option for the auto ND that the FS5 has, I'd have never bought the FS5 I think.
          Sony FS5, A7RII, Fuji XT-3, MacBook Pro

Comment

I want it as my primary stills camera.
            I would likely use it as a video camera some, but not as a primary video camera. Maybe 2ndary cam to A7Sii or FS700R. And gimbal.
            I wouldn't trust it as a main 4K camera

Comment

Unless some crazy super good deal pops up I've decided to wait and get the a7riii instead once it drops in price. Lightroom 6.14 supports it and it is a better photo and video camera along with 2x better battery life, no overheating and 2x card slots. Overall better and more reliable so it will be worth the wait since I have cameras to get me by for a while

Comment

There's currently a used one (condition 9) available @B&H for $2548...only $550 more than a brand new II.

But maybe you were planning on purchasing the II used (or the III brand new).

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/used/...irrorless.html

Comment

Thanks NorBro

Comment

Working...
                  X