Sony A7S II vs Nexus 6P cell phone still pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony A7S II vs Nexus 6P cell phone still pictures

I'm new to photography and I am running into a strange issue. Maybe I am taking the pictures wrong? I don't know but maybe you can tell me. When I take a picture with the Nexus 6P and preview that picture on my phone or my desktop PC, I can zoom in without the picture becoming pixelated. However, this is not the case with the Sony A7S II. Pictures on the A7S II seem to get pixelated much faster when I zoom in for a desktop preview. What gives?

Im also curious as I have said phone (though I hardly take stills on it) Using my A7s (mk1) for stills mostly.

Are you using the a7s in crop mode? I believe stills are only to 5MP in that mode.

Comment

Is it possible you are just viewing embedded thumbnails?

Are you shooting raw? Jpeg? What resolution and quality settings?
      Noah Yuan-Vogel
      http://www.noahyv.com

Comment

Follow an accurate inquiry from your mates and you'll find the answer you're looking for. BTW, for the subject matter, resolution counts ;-)
        RED ONE @home
        Emanuel & Co's RED ONE
        RED ZOOM LENSES
        RED 300mm LENS
        Who am I?

* LINK *
        ** IMDb **

Comment

Okay, I figured out the problem. I'm new to cameras in general but learning fast. I was using a Sigma 18-35 lens on the A7S II. Basically I was using a crop lens on the A7S II and so I lost a lot of megapixels. So, Kymira got it correct! hah

Comment

Working...
          X