Black Friday 2021 Deals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morgan_moore View Post
    Also products that should not have got off the drawing board 20-50 lense anyone?
    no - it’s not long or wode enough

£1709 rig for c200 now £1500 ha ha.

£150 maybe.

im afaid there is a lot of stuff heading for the scrap heap unless a zero goes from the price
    that's funny. I don't really want to get another 24-70 2.8 (building out an l-mount lens collection like an insane person) & wish 20-60 2.8 was a thing. Shoot in crop mode if you need more reach otherwise your 24-105 f4 is probably going to be better anyways

Comment

I went with the extreme pro. Thanks for the inspiration, Liam.

What were you saying about list price vs actual value, Morgan? (But we all know that products command a premium at launch. The extreme pro is just over a year old now.)

Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 5.36.18 PM.png
      www.AbeFilms.com

All men are brothers

Comment

pixelfilmstudios has all software 40% off. I just got the fcpx transition suite for $60. a lot of the options are kitschy, but there's enough in there that I will probably find useful: https://store.pixelfilmstudios.com/p...ion-mega-pack/

update: these zoom transitions work great. so much better and more control than the free pack I recently downloaded
        Last edited by ahalpert; 11-25-2021, 04:05 PM.
        www.AbeFilms.com

All men are brothers

Comment

Originally posted by NorBro View Post

He's just saying that the software needs a logarithmic curve (doesn't need to be RAW) or RAW files (always has log option) to be able to use it which makes sense because the software needs as much information, latitude as possible to match cameras.

It is useless with baked-in color e.g. a "Standard" picture profile from a Canon or Sony...if that's what you're asking but not sure as that's a given.

Most log cameras aren't RAW cameras and most cameras don't shoot RAW (although many do externally now and eventually many more will internally once certain patents expire).

___

So, in short, you do need log but you don't need RAW.

It would be a terrible business decision to have it only work with RAW because seriously barely anyone would use it (as mentioned and IMO) when NLEs like Resolve-FCP-Premiere having real RAW controls rather than "RAW-like" controls as they describe it on their site.
          Thanks for the recap - yep, CineMatch currently supports Log or RAW profiles, but we are hoping to add support for some select non-Log profiles in a future update, we're getting good results in our testing.

Comment

Originally posted by ahalpert View Post
            pixelfilmstudios has all software 40% off. I just got the fcpx transition suite for $60. a lot of the options are kitschy, but there's enough in there that I will probably find useful: https://store.pixelfilmstudios.com/p...ion-mega-pack/
            motionvfx has sales too...the one-and-only unbelievable masters of templates and plugins for FCP and Motion.

I have spent thousands of dollars over there and I don't even use the stuff for any paid work and it's one of the best investments I've made in my life because I've learned so much from reverse engineering many of their templates to see how the heck is it possible they are able to create some of the stuff they do in Motion 5 when no one on earth is doing anything close (besides Simon Ubsdell).

Dozens and dozens of products...and many who watch a lot of YouTube or television will recognize a lot them as they are used every day.

https://www.motionvfx.com/

For you, Abe... https://www.motionvfx.com/store,mbun...ing,p3638.html

Originally posted by John Parker View Post

Thanks for the recap - yep, CineMatch currently supports Log or RAW profiles, but we are hoping to add support for some select non-Log profiles in a future update, we're getting good results in our testing.
            Nice!

Comment

You asked about compatibility with TB3, not full support. (And the 2021 Macs should see 2x2.)
              I haven't read anything suggesting that this is the case, unfortunately. I agree that the Sandisk extreme pros seem to be a great option for editing but it looks like they will be throttled at 1GB/s on any mac. Unless you've heard some news about Apple supporting 2x2 in the future?

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads...2-now.2321046/

Comment

Sorry, that's a typo. 2022 Macs. (And I'm just guessing by saying "should" but they have the time.)

Comment

Originally posted by hojomo View Post

that's funny. I don't really want to get another 24-70 2.8 (building out an l-mount lens collection like an insane person) & wish 20-60 2.8 was a thing. Shoot in crop mode if you need more reach otherwise your 24-105 f4 is probably going to be better anyways
                  the lens I was referring to was s35 manual - not ff where 20 is a meaningful wide
                  http://www.sammorganmoore.com View my feature Film

Comment

I'd just get the 18TB for $142 more.

6 more TBs could come in handy for the small additional price if you're going large-capacity HDD.
                    Originally posted by ahalpert View Post
                    I hope you'll reconsider that and join me in applying downward price pressure! the 18TB is $18.89/TB
                    Just a few hours later that same 18TB drive is now $300 in the DZ, so only an additional $102 for an extra 6TB of space compared to the 12TB being sold a few hours earlier!

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ktop_18tb.html

Comment

Just a few hours later that same 18TB drive is now $300 in the DZ, so only an additional $102 for an extra 6TB of space compared to the 12TB being sold a few hours earlier!

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ktop_18tb.html
                      but look at the 14TB going now for $200. That's just $14.28/TB, a new world record! As opposed to $16.67/TB for the 18TB
                      www.AbeFilms.com

All men are brothers

Comment

ha, anyone who ordered the 12TBs could have had 14TBs for the same price a few hours later.

Comment

probably can just cancel and reorder
                          www.AbeFilms.com

All men are brothers

Comment

Originally posted by morgan_moore View Post
                            Fine examples of things that dont hold thier own in the market. Sorry the Prolicght is about 10x the cost of godox and 10% better (puts head down for response)
                            Would love to hear just how you calculated this nonsense.

The Orion 300 FS is doing just fine on the market, thank you very much. To be quite frank the reason we're holding a big Black Friday promotion is because we're a new brand and it's a lot cheaper to offer an attention-grabbing sale than to spend $$$ on all the equivalent marketing this brings to help get our product noticed. Even if we lose money on every sale it's still worth it for us and boy is it a great value for the people who buy in.

I have nothing against Godox and its products, but the Orion 300 FS is a vastly more advanced and complex light with far greater performance. I understand that you don't care about extreme colors and have little use outside of a 5500K output, but the Prolycht Hyperlight Color Engine delivers better performance even at this singular setting. By using six different color emitters that divide the spectrum into separate zones, the Orion 300 FS offers better color rendition across the visible light spectrum compared to a mono-color, bi-color or RGBW type LED light. This is especially true in the amber tones of subcutaneous scattering of light on various skintones and in the cyan range of light sky. And if you ever need to light something at 5500K and then adjust it slightly because another lamp is a touch magenta or the daylight streaming in the window has a bit extra yellow in it, the Color Picker function in the Orion 300 FS can instantly match the light to the various imperfect light sources of the real world. Nothing against Godux but there's no product from that company that can do anything like this.

So please let me know how the Orion 300 FS is only 10% better than a basic cheap light?
                            Mitch Gross
                            Aputure Lighting
                            NYC

Comment

Go Big Or Go Home! Huge Black Friday offer from Prolycht!

Buy 2 Orion 300 FS lights get a 3rd for free! Offer good through next Friday, December 3. Jump on this deal.

The Orion 300 FS LED full spectrum spotlight utilizes the industry-leading 6-color LED Hyperlight engine (red/green/blue/amber/cyan/lime) to create a wide color gamut with class leading accuracy and pleasing skin tone reproduction. Color temperature range is from 2000K-20,000K with precision control of all color channels throughout. The full spectrum color abilities of the Orion 300 FS set it apart from all other products at its power and price.

Both versions of the Orion 300 FS, in V-mount (PL20001) and AB-mount (PL20001AB) are included in this promotion.

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yooZ1ahqU5A
                              Mitch Gross
                              Aputure Lighting
                              NYC

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Gross View Post

Would love to hear just how you calculated this nonsense.
                                it's a simple formula. what I can't afford = only 10% better > what I can afford ;)
                                Last edited by ahalpert; 11-26-2021, 09:27 AM.
                                www.AbeFilms.com

All men are brothers

Comment

Working...
                                X