• Show
Clear All

Black Friday 2021 Deals

Anyone see any really good ones?
    www.AbeFilms.com

All men are brothers

https://www.cameraegg.org/2013-bh-ph...y-deals-sales/

Comment

Half of that stuff listed at B&H is normal price. Now it is a big deal just to have things for sale on Black Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman2003 View Post
        Half of that stuff listed at B&H is normal price. Now it is a big deal just to have things for sale on Black Friday?
        Discounts have to be approved by the manufacturer and, if Canon has trouble just keeping R5 in stock, they have no reason to offer price breaks on it.

B&H may have more leeway with the accessory suppliers - i.e., the smaller fish - but a retailer doesn't need to discount an item that is in great demand either.

Comment

No problem with limited discounts, just don't list them as Black Friday Deals on the internet.

Comment

Honestly, I have a feeling that black friday will be subdued this year because of the supply chain issues. If the market can't meet demand as is (let alone, surge additional shipping of good), why offer discounts? The exception, of course, would be for unloved stock that is already clogging American warehouses. And it's interesting to see Apple offering small discounts on the M1 Pro and Max MBPs, which I guess is easier to do when you control the entire chain of production and have large margins. It also makes me feel like they will try to make upgrading your computer more of a thing and possibly get people to upgrade on the same schedule as with their phones? Every 3 or 4 years, perhaps, for most people? So, essentially, moving to more of a volume sales model because their per unit margins are already high enough?
            www.AbeFilms.com

All men are brothers

Comment

The microprocessor issues may not be solved until the middle of 2022. Car manufacturers are dropping some features from their vehicles, since an average car has about $600 worth of processors. (electric cars about $800). This will effect electronics and automotive, obviously, the most.

Apple likely has their chips contracted years in advance from Taiwan Semi.

PS. A friend was looking at cars in SoCal. Tesla are sold out half a year in advance. No inventory, except for Model 3 Performance. So, he bought Model 3 Performance. He's in LA, they got him one from Arizona.

He's ecstatic though. 0-60 in 3.1 seconds, off specs. An ICE sedan with these numbers would run a lot more. And cost a lot more to operate.

Comment

Newsshooter updates their black Friday list daily.
                Awarded Best Clear Com Chatter, 2001, PBS Television

Comment

Some manufacturers may not be able to offer the deals on the products they normally would, but there will be plenty of Black Friday deals and they will be on good products, not just "dumping the unloved." I know of a number of manufacturers who have been building inventory slowly towards next week. And some deals will be offered as rainchecks, meaning you get the discount now and the product comes as soon as they can get it to you.

Expect to see more announcements Monday and then of course a bunch on Friday at 12:01.
                  Mitch Gross
                  Aputure Lighting
                  NYC

Comment

Cinematch is on sale for $99 for a single-program plugin: https://www.cinematch.com/purchase?g...BoCtmwQAvD_BwE

$149 for a bundle of program plugins.

As I recall, it was offered for a limited-time discount of $139 for the FCPX standalone plugin when they launched it for FCPX. The regular price is $179 for a single plugin

Filmconvert software is also on sale from the same company
                    Last edited by ahalpert; 11-22-2021, 12:03 PM.
                    www.AbeFilms.com

All men are brothers

Comment

I just purchased an Izotope audio plugin suite for $99 which is quite heavily discounted on their website. They have sales on most of their products through Dec. 31st. https://www.izotope.com/en/shop/deals.html

Comment

Black Friday is sad. You either see what suppliers bought too much of which is sad for them or you see how overpriced stuff normally is or what is about to be superceded

Generally somone is losing or has been
                        http://www.sammorganmoore.com View my feature Film

Comment

Also products that should not have got off the drawing board 20-50 lense anyone?
                          no - it’s not long or wode enough

£1709 rig for c200 now £1500 ha ha.

£150 maybe.

im afaid there is a lot of stuff heading for the scrap heap unless a zero goes from the price

Comment

Originally posted by morgan_moore View Post
                            Black Friday is sad. You either see what suppliers bought too much of which is sad for them or you see how overpriced stuff normally is or what is about to be superceded

Generally somone is losing or has been
                            sounds like you're a glass half empty kinda guy?
                            www.AbeFilms.com

All men are brothers

Comment

I dont expect parking at the location even whent it is promised.

Half empty? Experienced ? You choose

But the time is a good view of the markey place.

Never make a set of lenses forgetting to build a wide one. People see through this.

Comment

Working...
                              X