No announcement yet.

What are you listening to now ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronnie James Dio was fired by Ritchie Blackmore from his Rainbow gig ... and so he joined a real superstar band in Black Sabbath. Which wasn't quite as super at the moment, having just fired its long time vocalist and a co-founder Ozzy Osbourne for drinking and more. The resulting effort was called Heaven and Hell, good enough to name a reformed Black Sabbath after.

Includes the title track, Neon Knights and Lady Evil (with a little tribute to Cliff Richard) - the roster RJD, Tony Iommy, Terence "Geezer" Butler (who got hit in the head by some idiot throwing a beer bottle in Milwaukee, prmpting the band to walk off the stage ... prompting a riot at the MECCA), Bill Ward.

Comment

Jazz was Queen's seventh album. It has Bicycle Race, Mustapha, Let me Entertain You, Don't Stop me Now. The rest is just Queen.

Comment

And since Queen was one of the greatest live acts ever, a few more from their best tour, the 1980 the Game. Freddie at his peak.

Comment

A full Night at the Opera.

Death on Two Legs

You suck my blood like a leech
          You break the law and you breach
          Screw my brain till it hurts
          You've taken all my money, and you want more
          Misguided old mule with your pigheaded rules
          With your narrow-minded cronies who are fools
          Of the first division

Comment

This second I am listening to Mrs. Vandebilt.

Comment

I was in love with her in high school and I think I'm still in love with her in my late 30s.

Comment

Santana - ABRAXAS (1970)
                How did they manage to just nail every track chosen for that album?
                I've been listening to it end to end since the 1970 8-track. I can go years without it and then mentally hit most of the music and some of the lyrics. I don't pay much attention to lyrics.

Comment

Some years ago I saw 3D animated cartoon videos of music machines that tossed marbles onto instruments to play them. This guy actually built a real one.

Last edited by Razz16mm; 06-10-2022, 01:04 PM.

Comment

To break the silence, we may as well break the law.

Classic heavy metal.

Comment

Unleashed in the East, live from 1979.

The Exciter, the Green Manalishi, the Ripper and bonus Hell Bent for Leather.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHoflGzT-6I

Heard this yesterday - damn thing in my head like feeding time at a pet store.

Comment

Working...
                        X