starting to rent gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starting to rent gear

Hey every time I have rented my gear, i'm hired as a shooter so i know my gear is being handled properly.
    i'd like to make some extra income and rent my gear even if they don't need to hire me as a shooter, what is the
    best way of going about that?

Do i need extra insurance?

Anyone using ShareGrid to rent their stuff? Seems like it would work good as they insure your gear. I signed up, just haven't put my gear up their yet.
    http://www.sharegrid.com/
    ----------------------------

WORK: MacPro (Late 2013), 3.5 GHz 6-Core, 64GB Ram, Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
    HOME: Macbook Pro i7 (2011), 16gb ram
    SOFTWARE: FCPX, FCP6, Compressor, DVDSP, Motion, After Effects, Lightwave 3D
    Cameras & Acc: Panasonic GH2, GH4, Ninja Blade, CameTV cage

Comment

i wouldnt do it. i would rent to trusted colleagues. anyone else full deposit for the value of the gear. any other way youre just begging to have your stuff mistreated with no accountability.
      My camera work

Youtube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Bass View Post
        i wouldnt do it. i would rent to trusted colleagues. anyone else full deposit for the value of the gear. any other way youre just begging to have your stuff mistreated with no accountability.
        I agree with the above.
        Others may have different experiences, but what I find is that almost no one gives a care about anything. A person can sacrifice their life blood and to another it means nothing. When there is no accountability there will be trouble. Easy come. Easy go.
        Oops I broke it. Too bad for you.
        Oops I stole it... sucker. Haha!

Comment

Thanks for the info, I guess I'll probably just rent it out to trusted friends.

Comment

Cameralends.com may be similar, a bunch of stuff for rent in Phoenix. Maybe ask some of these people their experience?

Comment

Working...
            X