SANITY X - High Bitrate Versiion of Sanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SANITY X - High Bitrate Versiion of Sanity

Here is Sanity X, a new high bit rate version of Sanity. Sanity X tops out at 100M, but like earlier versions of Sanity, it only uses as much bit rate as necessary to reach it's quality level (which in this case is damn near ultimate). If there is not much movement or noise in the scene, the bit rate will drop down considerably, but the quality will not. It's hard to see any difference between Sanity X and the best intra patches.

And the best news of all, Sanity 5.1 is still available in this patch. What I've done is move the 24H setting of Sanity 5.1 into the 24L slot of Sanity X. So, you can have both at the touch of a menu setting.

The other shooting modes, 1080i and 720p are unchanged from Sanity 5.1.

Spanning works in Sanity X if you use a fast card. It has been successfully tested with 64GB Sandisk 95MB/s and 64GB Sandisk 80 MB/s cards. Ordinary class 10 will not work for spanning at 24H and 24L, although they will work fine for shooting. Spanning continues to work with class 10 cards in 1080i and 720p since they are unchanged. Spanning with class 10 cards also works in HBR mode if you use a third party manual lens.

So, what exactly do you get with the higher bit rate? At first glance, it will be hard to see a difference between Sanity X and Sanity 5.1. That's how good 5.1 is. But if you look closely, there is a bit more finer detail in Sanity X. The noise at high ISO's is a bit finer. Also, if you lift the shadows in grading, you will see more detail in the range just above black. Is the increase in bitrate worth it? That's for you to decide. But it's real easy to shoot comparisons - just flip between 24H and 24L.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ralph B; 12-06-2013, 04:13 AM.

Very cool Ralph; how would you say your latest compares w/ Flowmotion 2?

A Sanity affair:
    https://vimeo.com/75727815
    Last edited by Sage; 11-29-2013, 06:44 AM.

Comment

A thousand pardons - the Sanity X zip file I originally posted above was incorrect - it was actually just Sanity 5.1.
      I have replaced it with the true Sanity X.
      Last edited by Ralph B; 12-28-2013, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Will this span with a Sandisk Class 10 45mb/s card?

Comment

I don't have a 45M card, but there was a notice over at PersonalView where somebody reported successful spanning with the Sandisk 45M card. If it works for you, drop a note here.
          Last edited by Ralph B; 01-02-2014, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Dear Ralph B,
            first let me thank you for Sanity X. It is really an great hack. I shot a couple of little things last week and the results were just amazing.
            I'm having a little issue: I cannot record more than 15 minutes in a row. The GH2 just stops suddenly after the file reaches 4.29gb
            I've tried to use "P", "M" 24h 24l and also format my SD cards using SDformatter (Sandisk Ultra 128gb / 80mb/s).
            Nothing seems to work. I hope a more experienced user can help me out.
            Any thoughts?

All the best,
            norman

Comment

Hello Norman,

That's very strange behavior. The only thing I can suggest is to try a different card.

Comment

Hi. Does sanity X allow higher ISO than 3200 for videos ? Sorry, I'm a noob at this and I really would like to know if this thing is good enough of should I use Ptool instead.

Thanks to answer

Comment

Working...
                X