No announcement yet.

GH2 improvements list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

live audio out with HDMI or compite would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by mateogrande View Post
      4:3 aspect ratio for video -- for use with 2x anamorphic lens -- and whatever appropriate aspect ratio between 4:3 and 16:9 that when used with 1.5x anamorphic lens achieves a 2.39:1 AR ultimately.
      +1

Could sensor crop maybe altered with parameters for aspect ratio?

Comment

Higher lower limit for AVCHD bitrate (to stop the image from being prematurely starved)
        PAL/NTSC selectable record modes, some of us actually do travel with our cameras between different regions a lot, never did understand why more camcorders don't have this.
        1/24, 1/48, 1/96 and other film applicable shutter speeds, sure some people may say it's close enough, but this is digital and it's damn easy to implement and would result in many more sales, given the choice you know you would all choose 1/48 over 1/50 for 24p

Comment

#1. Would love a 3D video synch capability at 24p for a pair of GH2 or more...

#2. Timelapse capability for 3D RAW timelapse stills with a pair of GH2 (the full res stuff with bright prime lenses, not the cheapie 1080p 3D lens) ( 3D intervalometer )

#3. 4K video 24p for several seconds would be neat for vfx, minus Rick Astley mode
          Last edited by J Bellari; 01-02-2011, 05:33 PM. Reason: dreaming outloud

Comment

1. clean hdmi output
            2. highest possible Mbps in 24p mode, more than 23.8
            3. in camera 2.39 (1920x805) and 2.0 aspect ratio (1920x960)
            4. any way to monitor audio in camera?

Comment

Discrete settings between stills and video - Film modes, and Shutter settings

Comment

I shoot HDR with the Bracket settings. But say on a 7 exposure bracket, you have to trigger the shutter 7 times. My Uncles Nikon can shoot all brackets with a single click.

Comment

720p24 would be nice.

Comment

It would be most excellent if the ETC mode could be adjusted to resolutions higher than 1920x1080.

Comment

In camera 2.39 (1920x805) with safe zone marks.

1080p at 60 for slow mo.

PEAKING on the LCD and/or over HDMI, that would be GREAT via function key.

1/48 shutter speed

Are we at all able to read shutter, Iso, lens, f-stop, film setting from the AVCHD file like with a still? I believe it is stored in the file but yet to see an app display that info.

Like the ext Zoom, it would be nice to have a 10-15% crop for C-lenses with light vignetting. Even at a slight loss of sharpness. I don't see why scaling down a 16 megapixel or a 14 megapixel crop would not be possible.

Comment

I would like to see more advanced autofocus features, for example something like: define a set of zone to autofocus, then start filming and focus on each predefined zone when pressing a button (or acting with a remote) or even with a timer (at 0s focus on such zone, at 15s focus there,..) That should be easy to implement.

I say autofocus, but I believe the body is able to figure the absolute focus distance, so it could even register theses distances rather than autofocusing in the given area. It would be more like: focus at 0.50m at 10s, then at 1.25m at 30s.. (or any other unit that make sense for the lens)

Dreaming even more: choose the speed to focus from one distance to another.. Slow to (not so) fast.. you could choose.

Does that look reasonable?

Edit: grammar
                        Last edited by fjolliton; 01-03-2011, 12:58 AM.

Comment

25H - 1920x1080 25p 24Mbps - in PAL countrys at least, it seems a crazy omission only to have 24H - I want to use highest quality with 25p so I can mix and match with other cameras..

Comment

24Mbps 1080p, 25fps, 16:9 ratio so we can use it in Europe.
                            Last edited by mr bill; 01-03-2011, 08:10 AM.
                            GH4, Contax Zeiss primes, Ninja Blade, Avid Symphony

Comment

High quality, clean HDMI output in 1080/24p would be my biggest request (for recording externally.)
                              Jaime VallÚs
                              AJV Media
                              Video, Photography & Graphic Design: www.ajvmedia.com

Comment

Remote capture software for PC for video and still capture... this may also help with 3D Intervalometer synch and 3D video capture with a pair of GH2 connected to a PC via USB.

Comment

Working...
                                X