GH2 improvements list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GH2 improvements list

Please post here suggested improvements for GH2.

Unfouded dreams or crazy ideas are not allowed.

All good suggestion will be collected.

Actual list reside here - http://www.gh1-hack.info/wiki/pmwiki...provementsList
    Last edited by Vitaliy Kiselev; 01-28-2011, 12:18 PM.

Thanks Vitaliy.

AVCHD encoder:
    any chance for 24p constant 24Mbps or improving encoder bitrate interpretation ?

Sensor signal:
    banding issues solved or improved.

1/48 shutter pleeeaase
    Last edited by roei z; 01-02-2011, 11:25 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rozroz

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaliy Kiselev View Post
      Please post here suggested improvements for GH2.

Unfouded dreams or crazy ideas are not allowed.

AVCHD encoder:
      23.8Mbps in all modes available
      720p encoder improved with B frames.

General:
      PAL/NTSC switchable

Those would definitely be my top 3, right there!!!!!!
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Cameras: AF-100, G7 (formerly G6, GH2, HMC-40) -- Lenses: Lumix, legacy Nikons with Speedbooster -- NLEs: Premiere and AfterFX CS6 and CC on PC

Comment

Why do Panasonic dictate that in my GH2 "My Menu" I must have the five most recently used menu functions? This is how they have implemented "My Menu".

I know my favourite functions which I need again and again. But whenever I use a different one, one of my favourites gets lost and is replaced with a rarely used one. This is really a mess!

Meanwhile I have written my favourites on a piece of paper, along with the way to find them deep down in the menu system. I don`t think this is the way a "My Menu" system is supposed to be working.

If Panasonic really think that this automated choice of the "My Menu" items is a good idea, could they please make it an option for those who like it that way. But please give me the option to choose and save what I want in my "My Menu". Because I know what I need in "My Menu". And that is not simply the five most recently used options.

Thank you!

Comment

1080P 60 frames per second, like the TM700.

Comment

I second this. Let me choose and store my favorite functions.

Originally posted by Fotograf View Post
            Why do Panasonic dictate that in my GH2 "My Menu" I must have the five most recently used menu functions? This is how they have implemented "My Menu".

I know my favourite functions which I need again and again. But whenever I use a different one, one of my favourites gets lost and is replaced with a rarely used one. This is really a mess!

Meanwhile I have written my favourites on a piece of paper, along with the way to find them deep down in the menu system. I don`t think this is the way a "My Menu" system is supposed to be working.

If Panasonic really think that this automated choice of the "My Menu" items is a good idea, could they please make it an option for those who like it that way. But please give me the option to choose and save what I want in my "My Menu". Because I know what I need in "My Menu". And that is not simply the five most recently used options.

Thank you!

Comment

AVCHD encoder:
              1080p25 @ 24Mbps
              Last edited by seewolf; 01-02-2011, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Let's dream... 2K res...

Comment

AF-Tracking in video mode, also when other functions do not work then
                  (Panasonic people will know)
                  Audio out control (earphones)
                  Audio meter while playback

As much mbps as possible also in 720/50p

Being able to save all settings on a SD card, so one can use this to use the exact same settings on another camera.

Comment

Allow use of non-OEM/non-Panasonic batteries

Comment

Can we do anything about that hdmi out with a hack? Or is that hardware?
                      JJ Labritakis- CSD Promos Creative Shooter/Editor CBS13/CW31
                      http://vimeo.com/minoanproductions

Comment

Originally posted by Caffespresso View Post
                        Let's dream... 2K res...
                        Isn't it already almost 2k. 1920x1080. Thats only 80 lines of horizontal res. Would there actually be a noticale difference?

Comment

1080p 30 at 23.8Mbits sustained. Maybe higher bit-rates if possible. The 17mbits of now are really a detriment. Already made a donation and hope you can get at least 24mbits 30p on the camera. All else is icing on the cake. Thanks!

Comment

4:3 aspect ratio for video -- for use with 2x anamorphic lens -- and whatever appropriate aspect ratio between 4:3 and 16:9 that when used with 1.5x anamorphic lens achieves a 2.39:1 AR ultimately.

Comment

HDMI out on ETC and 720 modes. Just for monitoring purpose.

Comment

Working...
                              X