No announcement yet.

E-P1/E-P2/E-PL1 hack research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe FPS changes is hard to impossible, but there are a few other things that may be possible, and very helpful, such as simple scripts and button changes. Once a process for modifying the firmware and basic things about how it works is established, other less talented people like me can get in and help with the programming.

If enough people pick it up and it happens, it happens. Meanwhile all I can do is express interest and offer cash and respect.
    Last edited by ornel; 09-04-2010, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Sorry to interrupt being new and all, but I want to thank you guys for finding a way to hack the firmware. I have (maybe) a simple question, but do any of you guys think you can somehow put the two E-P2 filters onto the E-P1 firmware? The PostProcess and Diorama filters? It seems like it could be an easy job but I can't really say because I have no clue how to even get the emulator started.

Comment

Unfortunately I haven't had time to work on this lately (nor will I in the foreseeable future).
        So, no progress from my side. Who knows, maybe someone will pick it up in the future...

Helgen: It is probably possible, but in no way easy... You can use those art filters if you shoot raw and use Olympus Viewer 2 to process to jpg (but yea real-time is part of the fun)...

Comment

my idea is to insert in E3 menu an option to enable multispot like OM4/om4 using ael/afl key
          the menu option is :
          menu configuration 1 / B button Dial / "AEL/AFL" / S-AF / mode 4
          in the new mode 4 the ael/afl button will be enabled to save not only last light measurement but also the mean of lasts 8 measurements.

i think is not a difficult hack.

Comment

is possible option to AF confirm with all manual lens wihout chip need?
            i think this the best change.

Comment

Guys, great work with the pannys GH1/GF1, but being a e-p1 user, I'm kinda biting my nails... How difficult/impossible would these requests be (say in another 6 months or so)?

1. Manual exposure mode for video (i.e. manual shutter and manual ISO, my lenses have aperture rings)
              2. 24p

Comment

Any progress on this guys. I would put money towards this. To have IS on older lenses + some firmware hacks with video would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by fox_moudle View Post
                  I am the one who leaked the CF version firmware files of E3 on the CHDK forum, if anyone who want the S******.BIN file to research, just tell me.

Good luck!
                  Hi! I need these files.

Comment

Many thanks to ai_torito for the work he has done- basically it seems he has opened up the camera to hacking, now people just need to start analyzing the firmware to find out what changes can be made. (I unfortunately have almost no programming experience.)

One hack I would love to have is to re-assign the +/- button on the top. I think most people already adjust exposure compensation with the dials without needing that button, so it does nothing. Even to just magnify/un-magnify for MF lenses would be great.

Comment

I'll move all usable contents to http://www.personal-view.com/talks/categories/hack-development soon.
                      Consider this closed.

Comment

Working...
                      X