Panasonic TZ10 firmware decode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vitaliy Kiselev
    My differential analysys show some matching bytes sequences, but they are very few and end at about 20% of file length.
    I use to work with HexEdit and CSDiff. There are several parts almost identical across the firmware. These blocks are not at the same @, and some bytes are changing sometimes, but anyway it remains pretty close. However, most parts are totally different. I have several experiments to do yet, but I need time to write some C code for this...

Update: firmware contains some textual parts, if the XOR mask is repeated several times it might be possible to find, somewhere, a clear textual sequence. I've written a small code to test all position for this mask in TZ7 and TZ10 and report any "ascii-like" (I mean like the ones found in clear firmware) => failed, nada. Not even an abnormal dispersion of data anywhere (except at the position already known for this XOR sequence, of course). That's annoying...
    Last edited by JFMw; 07-06-2010, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Another request for English on TZ10

Originally posted by Vitaliy Kiselev View Post
      Yes, encryption is the problem here.
      TZ5 is not a problem, but I don't see any reason, as even Eenglish is extra cheap now.
      So, is lundman will be able to understand how this thing work, it'll be very interesting.
      Like Lundman, I also need an English menu for my TZ10.
      If/when you or whomever finds a solution, I'll be happy to explore it.

Thanks.

Comment

Should be nice if we can put the ZS7 firmware on the TZ10, doing so, we remove the video lenght 30 minutes limit on TZ10!

Anyone who successed this?
        Vitaliy Kiselev can you help us?

- Panasonic Lumix ZS7 => US version
        - Panasonic Lumix TZ10 => EU version with video duration limit at 30 minutes
        - Leica V-Lux 20 => I don't know if it comes with unlimited movie recording

Anyway these 3 models are the same hardware camera. This should be useful for decrypt, I think, for diffs in firmwares.

http://leicarumors.com/2010/07/10/le...vailable.aspx/
        http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...ZS7/index.html (TZ10 and ZS7 firmwares)
        Last edited by manwithtz10; 09-15-2010, 11:46 AM.

Comment

anyone can help?
          I don't really know how to do something like this!

I mean, it should be nice searching in the firmware for the video limit section, and then we can hack that...

Comment

Originally posted by manwithtz10 View Post
            anyone can help?
            I don't really know how to do something like this!

I mean, it should be nice searching in the firmware for the video limit section, and then we can hack that...
            This is encrypted fimware.
            And this is section for developers. Didn't you noticed that?

Comment

encrypted firmware = no hack ?
              I noticed that is all freeze on july 2010...
              For what I understood we (I mean you) can try to decrypt the firmware and then we can try to hack it removing the video time limit on TZ10...
              Is this thread about TZ10 decryption? I'm just trying to ask you if you can work on this, because it was everything stopped on july of this year.
              Last edited by manwithtz10; 09-19-2010, 11:48 PM.

Comment

I am still around, but have not had any further luck or insight.

Is it possible that those with more Hardware knowledge than me can read the NVRAM off the camera to obtain the decrypted firmware?

Would it be beneficial to use the 16bit checksum, every 16 bytes, in the encrypted firmware to further guess each 16 bytes of XOR values? How many possibilities would there be where the 2 bytes checksum was valid?

Still no cameras with new firmwares that go from plain-text to encrypted ?

Comment

The junk camera part is easy, there is a TZ7 on the auction for 980yen (about $10). The rest I am not sure about, I'll ask around.

Comment

New firmware for TZ10, but is not interesting, I suppose... http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...S7/index2.html

Comment

- Panasonic Lumix ZS7 => US version
                      - Panasonic Lumix TZ10 => EU version with video duration limit at 30 minutes
                      - Leica V-Lux 20 => I don't know if it comes with unlimited movie recording
                      AFAIK, ZS7 v11 and TZ10 v11 are exactly the same file: ZS7_V11.zip contains a file named ZS7_V11.bin, but if you open it with an hexa viewer you find a TZ10 firmware in fact... I'll have a look at v12 tonite.

Update: same with V12 (I mean ZS7 update = TZ10 update)
                      Last edited by JFMw; 09-25-2010, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Maybe, it's not a firmware flash, but a sort of update file and the camera can use it to update its flash.
                        Otherwise, again maybe, this .bin should be entirely flashed in the rom camera, then the camera use wether the ZS7 or TZ10 section of the firmware depending on its model ID.

Those .bin seemed updates to me, because 1.1=>1.2 took a very little time to update, 1.0=>1.1 took longer time, so it seems like is not flashing it entirely, but the camera use the file to update its flash, only what it needs of the .bin files.
                        Last edited by manwithtz10; 09-24-2010, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Vamos esperar algum vietnamita desvendar o misterio de como incluir outros idiomas na TZ10.
                          Se depender do caboclo ai que so sabe falar dificil e nao ajuda em nada, estamos fodidos !!!

Comment

Maybe, it's not a firmware flash, but a sort of update file and the camera can use it to update its flash.
                            Otherwise, again maybe, this .bin should be entirely flashed in the rom camera, then the camera use wether the ZS7 or TZ10 section of the firmware depending on its model ID.

Those .bin seemed updates to me, because 1.1=>1.2 took a very little time to update, 1.0=>1.1 took longer time, so it seems like is not flashing it entirely, but the camera use the file to update its flash, only what it needs of the .bin files.

i bought the zs7 and there are only 2 languages on it. can i use the
                            tz10 firmware to get german language on it? is this working and possible or not?

thanks for helping me

Comment

Consider thread closed.

TZ10 firmware is dumped, all discussion move to

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/15/official-tz10-hack-project-discussion

Comment

Working...
                              X