No announcement yet.

GH1 firmware research volunteers required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think to play it safe with all the testings, it's probably best to get a Sandisk Extreme III, class 6 card. B&H has an 8 gig for $45 and although it's slightly cheaper at Amazon, a lot of those cards are coming from 3rd party vendors unless you know which one is reliable.

Comment

Hey Guys, I'm sorry I'm so late to party, kept seeing the post title but didn't ever check into it, now I see so many pages and feel like something awesome is going on... anyone mind giving me a nutshell answer of what is exactly going on and where it stands?

I gather you're trying to develop an independent firmware update to include some of our wishlist wants for this camera?
      sigpic

Comment

Another camera of interest is the LX3 since it's MJPEG 720p runs at 24 frames per second although it's a bit more expansive that the TZ5.

I'll have to contribute a little something myself but I'll probably take a few days or more until I get some spare change.
        Last edited by Camera Expert; 05-01-2010, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seanmcleod View Post
          Hey Guys, I'm sorry I'm so late to party, kept seeing the post title but didn't ever check into it, now I see so many pages and feel like something awesome is going on... anyone mind giving me a nutshell answer of what is exactly going on and where it stands?

I gather you're trying to develop an independent firmware update to include some of our wishlist wants for this camera?
          first page. everything there is to know is just about covered there.

Comment

Originally posted by Car3o View Post
            first page. everything there is to know is just about covered there.
            Hey man yeah I read that first page already, and still kind of confused... these are things that you've accomplished? 24fps Mpeg 720 recording etc... I guess Im just kind of looking for what the end goal you guys are hoping for... is that everything listed in the AVailable patches that you hope to accomplish or have accomplished? Are there other things you're hoping to achieve?
            sigpic

Comment

Hey man yeah I read that first page already, and still kind of confused... these are things that you've accomplished? 24fps Mpeg 720 recording etc... I guess Im just kind of looking for what the end goal you guys are hoping for... is that everything listed in the AVailable patches that you hope to accomplish or have accomplished? Are there other things you're hoping to achieve?
              Improved compression to reduce or eliminate mud from fast pans in 1080 mode.

Pal/NTSC switchable for region free shooting.

MJPEG 24P for totally mud free shooting and native 24P shooting.

1080 24P avchd to avoid pulldown removal in post.

AGC disable.

Basically the goal is to make this camera function better than it does since Panasonic isn't going to release a firmware that accomplishes this. Even if it's just a matter of enabling native 24P in 1080 to avoid the annoying hassle of pulldown that's still a huge improvement.

Comment

Isaac...i read your post, then i read the quote in your sig.

WWOD?
                "Easier than it sounds, harder than it looks."
                Chris Light
                www.vimeo.com/chrislight

Comment

Try to read all below "Major issues for today are" on first page.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac_Brody View Post
                    Improved compression to reduce or eliminate mud from fast pans in 1080 mode.

Pal/NTSC switchable for region free shooting.

MJPEG 24P for totally mud free shooting and native 24P shooting.

1080 24P avchd to avoid pulldown removal in post.

AGC disable.

Basically the goal is to make this camera function better than it does since Panasonic isn't going to release a firmware that accomplishes this. Even if it's just a matter of enabling native 24P in 1080 to avoid the annoying hassle of pulldown that's still a huge improvement.
                    I also siggest you to read first page.
                    As number 2 and 4 are done.

Comment

Originally posted by Car3o View Post
                      haha, yeah yeah......I'm off Tues so all is good there. Beside, we're still waiting on that adapter to be delivered, so no biggie. Which is ordered and on the way. As far as funds go. There is still $60.00 in the piggie and no sd card has been ordered yet. I'm looking locally first and then going to discuss whether or not to buy online.
                      This looks confusing. Are we down to $60 on funds?

Comment

Originally posted by tester13 View Post
                        Try to read all below "Major issues for today are" on first page.
                        I think it might be a good idea to start a thread discussing the user end of the firmware patch and keep this thread reserved for the work and testing of the patch?
                        BMPCC4K, Sony FS700 with O7Q+, Bolex 16mm, Canon 1014XL-S super8.

Visit my site: www.samisanpakkila.com

Comment

As for sensor related things.
                          We are yet to understand this, as constant WxHxfps suggest constant read rate and it can not be coincidence. But we can have some internal binning algorithm and reading of whole line scaled to suggested resolution.
                          So, more shoots are required, including 16:9 photos and video test charts.

P.S. LX is costly and it is not an option due to encrypted firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by Essami View Post
                            I think it might be a good idea to start a thread discussing the user end of the firmware patch and keep this thread reserved for the work and testing of the patch?
                            I don't like this idea.
                            What exactly do you expect from "user oriented" thread?
                            With time we'll move to dedicated forum and such threads will be ok, but today they are just nor very useful.

Comment

Originally posted by tester13 View Post
                              I don't like this idea.
                              What exactly do you expect from "user oriented" thread?
                              With time we'll move to dedicated forum and such threads will be ok, but today they are just nor very useful.
                              I understand what he is saying. Even though this thread shows enormous potential it can be very technical for some people at times. But at the moment I think Tester13. Lets just let the man do his work and discuss the benefits latter.
                              www.rafael-lopes.com

Laugh out loud right here:

- http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=129033

and here

- http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=86474

Comment

Hi, short question...

I use a PAL version and have fw update 1.21 on it, which version increment should i type in in your ptool to make an new fw update?

1.21.1 or something?

Another question, what does the 24/25p native patch exactly for my pal camera?

i have read all sites in this thread because itīs very exciting what happens here, but my english is not so good to understand all youve written here, maybe anyone could write the first page with all infos also in an german version?

Comment

Working...
                                X