GH1 firmware research volunteers required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://old.akwd.com/video/TESTGH1PALNTSC.mp4

original 1080p file. I suggest downlaoding it, it's quite small.
    I didn't remove pulldown, since FCP handle it correctly in a 29.97 timelime, the pal version is wierd, you'll see what i mean..
    GH2 / HPX170
    Olympus 14-54 II / Zuiko 24 f2.8

HTTP://AKWD.COM

Comment

wierd it is...

Comment

We don't need video, only individual frames. Finer grid.
        We need four frames shot for 1080p24, 1080p25 (just extract them)
        and 720p50 and 720p60. All must be shot from exact same position.
        As for 1080p24 and 1080p25 having same FOV it is good as we have vertical cropping on both and horizontal on 1080p25 (so start sensor position is the same).
        We also need to compare 1080p24 and 720p60 FOV and FOV of both 720p rates.

Comment

doing this, but so fa rno diffrences..
          GH2 / HPX170

Comment

http://old.akwd.com/video/7201080palntsc.zip

Photo sucks but I hope it's enough.
            GH2 / HPX170

Comment

OK thanks.
              May be it is possible to make them JPG (they are some type of QuickType format?) and upsize 720 ones (to 1920x1080)?

Comment

And one more thing.
                It'll be very good to have TZ5 body for experiments (as it is very cheap at arount 90-130 at ebay). MJPEG settings and MJPEG engine overall seems to be similar.

Comment

http://old.akwd.com/video/sizejpeg.zip

here you go
                  GH2 / HPX170

Comment

Interesting. Thanks.
                    Later we must shoot more precise versions with more markings and keeping center stready.
                    So, in 1080p25 we have slightly different RAW windows and cropping later. It is OK.
                    But different RAW windows for 720p must have effect.
                    Or they just sacrifice resolution in 720p mode.
                    Next time we must shoot good resolution test charts also.
                    And compare results.
                    Last edited by Vitaliy Kiselev; 05-01-2010, 12:01 PM.

Comment

I believe Barry has reso charts up on the web already. don't know what setting he shot it, if it was 720 or 1080.

regarding chart. if you point to exactly to the one you want, i will shoot (NTSC) for you. That way I'm not printing 5 different versions.

Camera is skedded to arrive on Tuesday. I was working today and missed delivery. Apparently fed-ex is closed till Tuesday. Lame.....

Comment

Originally posted by Car3o View Post
                        I believe Barry has reso charts up on the web already. don't know what setting he shot it, if it was 720 or 1080.

regarding chart. if you point to exactly to the one you want, i will shoot (NTSC) for you. That way I'm not printing 5 different versions.

Camera is skedded to arrive on Tuesday. I was working today and missed delivery. Apparently fed-ex is closed till Tuesday. Lame.....
                        He did both but just NTSC. I haven't been following here too closely but wasn't there a thought that the PAL and NTSC versions resolved 720p differently because they used different parts of the sensor?
                        "Can't stop the signal."

http://www.vimeo.com/benbunch
                        benbunchfilms.com

Comment

Do you have enough funds to buy a TZ5?

Comment

MISSED THE DELIVERY!!!!!

C'mon Car3o you're killin us--work?? screw work, we've got serious code to crack and you're worried about paying bills??!!?

Sheesh- we're all handing you money!! just take a cut, pay your light bill and GET THE CAMERA TO TESTER13!!!!!!

Just playin-- tuesday it is

Z
                            Zack - Alignment Productions
                            BLOG
                            VIMEO
                            Panasonic GH-13 / Lumix 7-14mm f4 / Lumix 14-140mm f4 / Vivitar 24mm f2 / Canon FD 28mm f2.8 / Tokina SD 28-70mm f3.5 / Canon FD 50mm f1.4 / MBP 2.66GHz Intel Core i7, 4GB RAM / MACPRO quad 2.7GHz, 8GB RAM / Twin 23" LCD's / FCS2 / AECS4 / Atari 2600
                            sigpic

Comment

lol

Comment

haha, yeah yeah......I'm off Tues so all is good there. Beside, we're still waiting on that adapter to be delivered, so no biggie. Which is ordered and on the way. As far as funds go. There is still $60.00 in the piggie and no sd card has been ordered yet. I'm looking locally first and then going to discuss whether or not to buy online. i'll keep everyone posted on what's going on.

Comment

Working...
                                X