GH1 firmware research volunteers required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NURBS

All I can say is that GOP patches are unchanged from your previous tests.
    It is not possible to understand that caused your fluctuations.

Can you provide small (5s) clips for all video resolutions and all framerates (plus all settings of compression)?
    Including ALL resolutions of MJPEG.
    Last edited by Vitaliy Kiselev; 04-30-2010, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Okey one moment.

Comment

Upload link: http://rapidshare.com/files/38187457...ample.zip.html

Setting for this video ;-) not too bad, like been tonight tests.. (maybe I was too tired)

Ptoot 3.14 ver. ;-)

Version change - X
        30min removal - X
        VA Bitrate Adjustment - 20xxxxxxx
        VA Bitrate Adjustment 2 - 24xxxxxxx
        VA Bitrate Top Limit - X
        Native 24/25p attempt -X
        VA 720p50 GOP Size - Change
        VA 1080p25 GOP Size - Change
        AU Audio encoding bps - 320000

720p GOP - 3 (17,9Mbps) and 1080p GOP - 4 (17,2Mbps)

Regards
        NURBS
        Last edited by NURBS; 04-30-2010, 01:43 AM.

Comment

But interesting news. (same settings)

After 1 h. recording on SHD (720p mode, but very hi bitrate 20,1Mbps) last record on FHD (1080p mode) stoping after 10 sec. (video file is empty)
          Maybe my camera slightly mad..

Testing more..

Comment

Originally posted by tester13 View Post
            I know, this is same low level stuff as AGC. But easear to spot.
            Read my previous posts. I traced it back to main camera state structure and know hardware error number.
            But it is almost impossible to find where it sets error state and code.

As for 1.21 (actual) firmware with battery support it is of little help, as it is wastly different from 1.22 (1.12 is much much closer to 1.22).
            Batter support should be a very low priority.
            The Chinese are already making batteries with chips inside that defeat the "origin" tests. I bough mine from BestBatt for $23.00, have the price of the genuine.
            They also sell a battery for $16.00 that will only work with the early firmware.
            So for $7 in savings it is not worth to waste Tester's time.
            Let him tackle the mud issue solving which will elevate the GH1 to a totally new level.
            He already solved two nuisance issues - the 30 minutes recording level for European markets and Japanese only restriction for the Japanese region.

Great job so far.

Comment

I disagree. It's likely all these batteries will stop working when Panasonic release 1.3 - and I assume tester13 will be patching this firmware when it arrives.

Comment

Test results: This settings is stable (for my camera). ;-) 40min rec. non stop for all mode.

Version change - X
                30min removal - X
                Native 24/25p - X
                VA Bitrate Top Limit - X
                VA 720p50 GOP Size - 3
                VA 1080p25 GOP Size - 10

720p (19,1Mbps) and 1080p (19,0Mbps)

Comment

Originally posted by NURBS View Post
                  Test results: This settings is stable (for my camera). ;-) 40min rec. non stop for all mode.

Version change - X
                  30min removal - X
                  Native 24/25p - X
                  VA Bitrate Top Limit - X
                  VA 720p50 GOP Size - 3
                  VA 1080p25 GOP Size - 10

720p (19,1Mbps) and 1080p (19,0Mbps)
                  Would be nice to see a clip with these settings in order to check the IQ.

Comment

Im realy interested too, please post some clips with these settings...some scenes with fast movin' and some with complex scenes (detailed...like grass, or forrest)
                    | Sony NEX FS700 | Canon EOS 5D Mark II | Sony NEX 5n | GoPro II | www.blackpixel.cz |

Comment

Some video for this test: http://rapidshare.com/files/38193249..._3_10.zip.html

plus MJPEG 24p

Regards
                      NURBS

Comment

Thanks!

plus MJPEG 24p
                        MJPEG @ 24fps is working?
                        Or there are still "jumps" when panning and so?

Comment

I might suggest that the 3rd party battery issue also might wait until later, since we all can just spend 20 bucks more and get a first party version.

It is possible, that with such an addition to the firmware patch, that it could make a certain company unhappy with these efforts... so best to stick to things that don't impact their accessory sales until a little bit later? Just a suggestion.
                          ---
                          Cameras: Panasonic DVX100A (SOLD 2008) - Panasonic GH1(3) - Panasonic GH3 - Panasonic GH4
                          Lenses: Nikon 50mm 1.8 - Pan 7-14mm f4.0 - Pan 12-35mm 2.8 - Leica 25mm 1.8 - Pan 14-140mm
                          Audio: Zoom H4n - Sennheiser MKE400 - Audio Technica 4073A - Azden SGM-2X - Countryman Lav, Sennheiser G2
                          Mac Pro 8-core (Geekbench 11582), Hackintosh (Geekbench 17569) - gSpeedES - SansDigital Raid 5 - Lacie Biggest 800
                          FCP 7 - Adobe CC 2014

Comment

Some video for this test: http://rapidshare.com/files/38193249..._3_10.zip.html

plus MJPEG 24p

Regards
                            NURBS
                            ERROR

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

Comment

Originally posted by tyampel View Post
                              Batter [sic] support should be a very low priority.
                              The Chinese are already making batteries with chips inside that defeat the He already solved two nuisance issues - the 30 minutes recording level for European markets and Japanese only restriction for the Japanese region.
                              Great job so far.
                              +1. In addition to available alternatives, there is an unknown liabilility concern. Can everyone applying patches sign a disclaimer promising not to go after tester13 (not likely it will have much effect anyway ;) the first time something "stupid" happens? Ultimately, T13 makes his own decisions, but my suggestion is not to touch this one.

Comment

The progress on new firmware is definitely encouraging.
                                I would like to see everyone involved be as professional as possible about this, similar to the magic lantern stuff on the camera side.
                                Also, maybe if you could upload the video to VIMEO or something, that would be helpful.
                                Though the compression might defeat the purpose of the test footage.
                                Check out my blog: www.m43weddings.com and my facebook page: www.facebook.com/paragonprovideo
                                Interested in what I do? Check out my business' website: www.paragonprovideo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X