GH1 firmware research volunteers required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billy fattey View Post
    The only hiccup I see is that the camera freezes when trying to play a native FHD 24p .mts file. But...
    No one promized that it won't.
    As player do not expect such surprizes.
    We'll investigate further file structure and all flags.

I believe that you can try to lower GOP to slightly reduce mud.
    By idea mud in native fps and low GOP must be much lower.

Comment

Originally posted by tester13 View Post
      Look numbers above input incriment field, they show you exact number, this is hexadecimal number, so 1.2D also exists and works, you have about 65.000 version numbers to go :-)
      Plus we have version revert patch in reserve.
      I don't understand. I've tried putting in decimal and hexadecimal numbers as increments, but I get the same result. I've attached a screenshot. What number should I use next as an increment so that I have 65,000 more? Thanks.
      Attached Files

Comment

i'd like to add that a 3rd party battery patch would be nice for those who want to get extra batteries. i have the original 1.2 firmware that allows 3rd party batteries if needed.

Comment

Sorry, I do not understand your point.
          0xFFFF is maximum version number :-)
          Calculate that is equal 0xFFFF-0x121.

Comment

Originally posted by Car3o View Post
            i'd like to add that a 3rd party battery patch would be nice for those who want to get extra batteries. i have the original 1.2 firmware that allows 3rd party batteries if needed.
            I know, this is same low level stuff as AGC. But easear to spot.
            Read my previous posts. I traced it back to main camera state structure and know hardware error number.
            But it is almost impossible to find where it sets error state and code.

As for 1.21 (actual) firmware with battery support it is of little help, as it is wastly different from 1.22 (1.12 is much much closer to 1.22).

Comment

Have you guys seen how the 5DMkII Magic Lantern guys were able to structure their development/testing, etc?

Was there something you unique they had so that they could create new functionality (I think they added audio level meters and some other new features)? Maybe the creator could give us some pointers? I don't understand it enough to know how their dev process was different, but this project seems to have similar to potential to theirs in terms of impact to GH1 users!

Here's more info on their firmware mods:
              http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/M..._Firmware_Wiki
              ---
              Cameras: Panasonic DVX100A (SOLD 2008) - Panasonic GH1(3) - Panasonic GH3 - Panasonic GH4
              Lenses: Nikon 50mm 1.8 - Pan 7-14mm f4.0 - Pan 12-35mm 2.8 - Leica 25mm 1.8 - Pan 14-140mm
              Audio: Zoom H4n - Sennheiser MKE400 - Audio Technica 4073A - Azden SGM-2X - Countryman Lav, Sennheiser G2
              Mac Pro 8-core (Geekbench 11582), Hackintosh (Geekbench 17569) - gSpeedES - SansDigital Raid 5 - Lacie Biggest 800
              FCP 7 - Adobe CC 2014

Comment

alright...good to know

Comment

e-steve

Thanks for old news :-)
                  ML is one man show, in fact.
                  Try to read my previous messages in this thread about ML, if you want to know more.
                  I don't like this project concept and I don't want to go their way, period.
                  Last edited by Vitaliy Kiselev; 04-29-2010, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tester13 View Post
                    Sorry, I do not understand your point.
                    0xFFFF is maximum version number :-)
                    Calculate that is equal 0xFFFF-0x121.
                    Ok, so you're saying everything is working how it should. I have upgraded firmware 35 times so the GH1 thinks I am upgrading to 1.4. That's normal, right?

I don't care that much, but if this whole experiment doesn't yield results then the only way to upgrade to whatever version Panasonic is coming out with in May (maybe 1.3?) is by using your emergency patch. Is that right?

Comment

No, you can use patcher for 1.3 to make it 14.56 :-)

Comment

Hey, I just wanted to say, this thread rules. I hope we can really fix the codec and framerate limitations on this camera, I feel like the way this camera encodes is partially ****ed up and just increasing the bitrate or even to all I frames prolly wont be enough, but maybe it would go pretty far. The sensor itself, the CPU and the hardware that writes to the SD cards, I hope are up to snuff. ASM with no comments is some pretty hard core stuff, I can code C but dealing with that ... good night. lol. I'll be blown away if yall can read the sensor data directly then jump to your own encoding function ;P How about red raw?

Comment

re. card speed, it's possible that the card isn't actually being written to 100% of the time, but rather in small bursts (because the camera is busy doing something else, like compression).

If that's true then don't expect that you can simply figure out the needed card speed from the video bitrate, you may need a certain percentage more.

Comment

A Sandisk class 6 should have adequate speed for these tests.

Comment

I give small notice'

New Ptool version have some problem from GOP, it wasn't stable, few same shot have different data. Testing more..

For example: (shoot stable picture, don't move or shake camera, duration 1:00)

Version change - X
                              30min removal - X
                              VA Bitrate Adjustment - 20xxxxxxx
                              VA Bitrate Adjustment 2 - 24xxxxxxx
                              VA Bitrate Top Limit - X
                              AV Native 24/25p attempt -X
                              VA 720p50 GOP Size - Change
                              VA 1080p25 GOP Size - Change
                              AU Audio encoding bps - 320000

720p GOP - 4 (14,7Mbps) and 1080p GOP - 4 (18,8Mbps)

change to

720p GOP - 4 (8,8Mbps) and 1080p GOP - 5 (18,2Mbps)

and change to

720p GOP - 3 (14,9Mbps) and 1080p GOP - 3 (7,5Mbps)

and change to

720p GOP - 3 (15,4Mbps) and 1080p GOP - 5 (18,0Mbps)

Regards
                              NURBS
                              Last edited by NURBS; 04-30-2010, 12:50 AM.

Comment

PTool 3.14 Released
                                Native 24p/25p patch added,
                                problems with 24p fixed now

Ptool 3.13 - Died in infancy

Comment

Working...
                                X