Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are there some news about HDMI out?

Comment

No news on HDMI out and any video output.
      And I do not expect them to appear soon.
      This is crucial parts, and we know only few things about video things.
      And clearly know nothing about low level things.

Plus turning AGC off requires interface, this is also very big work.
      Unfortunately audio related strings that we have in GF1 firmware are not referenced from code, so they are useless.
      We'll try to find sensor related parts and audio related parts, but it is not easy.

Comment

right....sounds hard to do, but we still hope ;)

Comment

Yeah a SD preview would be great as it's almost there, just shuts off during recording. Also, camera is scheduled to arrive May 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by tester13 View Post
            No news on HDMI out and any video output.
            And I do not expect them to appear soon.
            This is crucial parts, and we know only few things about video things.
            And clearly know nothing about low level things.

Plus turning AGC off requires interface, this is also very big work.
            Unfortunately audio related strings that we have in GF1 firmware are not referenced from code, so they are useless.
            We'll try to find sensor related parts and audio related parts, but it is not easy.
            What about just allowing people to turn the AGC off permenantly (via the firmware) and maybe set a recording level? That way we could plug in mixers or something and get things sort of figured out with some trial and error.
            "Can't stop the signal."

http://www.vimeo.com/benbunch
            benbunchfilms.com

Comment

Originally posted by DrBlaz View Post

BTW, gop 3 on 1080p24 failed, it does not have any effect the gop is still 15.

100% grass crop:
              There is a really obvious reason this failed, and that is because the 1080p24 setting is for NTSC cameras, and not for PAL cameras. You should change the GOP size of the 1080p25 setting, that will have effect. A GOP of 3 is however way too low for 1080p on my camera to write with decent speed.
              Also, since you got such high bitrates, which settings did you change? JUST the GOP size, or did you change any of the other parameters?

And as said, this should help with dynamic mud. However, I'm wondering, shouldn't the increased bitrate help with the static mud too?

Originally posted by g.l View Post
              Looks amazing Chibs, close to flawless! (minus the stutter). This is only a matter of card speed and/or maybe figuring out the encoding settings more. Tester is going to nail this thing!

BTW how are you adjusting the exposure on the clip? Manual aperature adjustment on the lens?
              Yes, the lens used is a Xenon 50/2, with an aperture that doesn't 'click' at known values. Makes it really easy to adjust exposure smoothly.

Comment

Originally posted by Chibs View Post
                There is a really obvious reason this failed, and that is because the 1080p24 setting is for NTSC cameras, and not for PAL cameras. You should change the GOP size of the 1080p25 setting, that will have effect. A GOP of 3 is however way too low for 1080p on my camera to write with decent speed.
                Also, since you got such high bitrates, which settings did you change? JUST the GOP size, or did you change any of the other parameters?

And as said, this should help with dynamic mud. However, I'm wondering, shouldn't the increased bitrate help with the static mud too?
                I have NTSC model , anyway I'm testing more 720p mode, at 24p there is lot of room for bitrate increment.

there's a lot parameters to change and test, may be tester13 is willing to release the work done in firmware source, or if its illegal, I think the IDA data can be shared and contributed by many people. Lots of people searching the code would be much better.
                Last edited by DrBlaz; 04-29-2010, 01:14 AM. Reason: doing testings

Comment

It seems that more and more people are willing to involve in testing.
                  Do you think it will be good to form wiki pages or something similar for more systematic approach.
                  Information for testers and testing results, what has been done, files etc.
                  Probably people are willing to help, but lacks knowledge. There can be parameters which works/do not works, so no one will have to repeat same tests.

Comment

Originally posted by DrBlaz View Post
                    I have NTSC model , anyway I'm testing more 720p mode, at 24p there is lot of room for bitrate increment.
                    Okay, seems I misunderstood.
                    Something could be set wrong somewhere with the GOP 1080/24, as GOP 3 on 1080/25 has a huge effect for me.

Comment

I'm too testing new NTSC setting mode:

All videos in AVCHD mode is NTSC standartd but camera can't write more 5 sec.

VA 59,94fps > 23,97fps mode: change fps to - 47.952 fps :-) it's on 720p mode.

Guys don't forget GH1 have AVCHD Format profile ( High@L4.0 ) it have a max 20Mbps bit rate..

Regards
                      NURBS
                      Last edited by NURBS; 04-29-2010, 01:43 AM.

Comment

PTool 3.11 released
                        720p50->23,97 patch added
                        1080p24 GOP patch fixed

Guys - if you use NTSC patch always use 30min removal patch also.

Comment

Originally posted by kiguar View Post
                          It seems that more and more people are willing to involve in testing.
                          Do you think it will be good to form wiki pages or something similar for more systematic approach.
                          Information for testers and testing results, what has been done, files etc.
                          Probably people are willing to help, but lacks knowledge. There can be parameters which works/do not works, so no one will have to repeat same tests.
                          I looked at Wiki engines, so from techincal point I see no hurdles.
                          But from legal one we have many.
                          Plus we don't have any expirienced reversers in sign.
                          So, until I'll see real need for this I don't want to talk about it.

Comment

Today we have very unsystematic testing.
                            And such approach wastes my time, testers time, etc.

So, please try to report as follows:

1) Applied patches, and all values if applicable.
                            2) You exact actions.
                            3) Detailed and clear to understand technical result.

Comment

might I suggest devising a template report template that testers could use to report data in a useful manner, that way only the data that is necessary for tester13 is preserved and what he doesn't need, need not be reported.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_Smith View Post
                                might I suggest devising a template report template that testers could use to report data in a useful manner, that way only the data that is necessary for tester13 is preserved and what he doesn't need, need not be reported.
                                IF anyone want to make such template, you are welcome.
                                Text file will be fine.
                                XLS also ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X