GH1 firmware research volunteers required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tyampel View Post
    The region code for Simplified (Communist or Mainland) Chinese is GK, for Traditional it is GT.
    Thinking about it a bit more, perhaps the letter K stands for Kommunist?
    Who knows.
    Or maybe "K" for "Cantonese"?? Not sure.

Comment

I know you're going to kill me, but I just used this firmware on a real shoot.
      I didn't play too much, I simply converted PAL to NTSC and removed the 30 minute limit. I also tried one with the interlacing disabled, but that caused the camera to lock up upon playback, so I made a new version without that.

And it worked fine. No issues whatsoever on set, footage looks fine. I can provide sample clips if need be (it was low light/party lighting.) I transcoded and passed it off to the editor, who is having no problems in Final Cut.

So thanks a ton, and fantastic job.

But I have one request...real timecode. You know, hours:minutes:seconds:frames. Not this "12m 8s" crap that's utterly useless on set.

Comment

Originally posted by tester13 View Post
        As soon as we'll have GF1 body most patches will be ported to GF1.
        So, make them donate, and it'll be faster.
        I believe you will get tons of GF1 testers if any of you person-in-charge mention that there will be a future GF1 patch.

Comment

Originally posted by richteralan View Post
          I believe you will get tons of GF1 testers if any of you person-in-charge mention that there will be a future GF1 patch.
          I think it's been mentioned already...provided Tester13 gets his hands on a GF1- you will have your patch
          Zack - Alignment Productions
          BLOG
          VIMEO
          Panasonic GH-13 / Lumix 7-14mm f4 / Lumix 14-140mm f4 / Vivitar 24mm f2 / Canon FD 28mm f2.8 / Tokina SD 28-70mm f3.5 / Canon FD 50mm f1.4 / MBP 2.66GHz Intel Core i7, 4GB RAM / MACPRO quad 2.7GHz, 8GB RAM / Twin 23" LCD's / FCS2 / AECS4 / Atari 2600
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alignment1 View Post
            I think it's been mentioned already...provided Tester13 gets his hands on a GF1- you will have your patch
            I know it's mentioned in this forum.

But outside this forum, many people still perceive this patch as GH1 only and will not port to GF1.

I'm not pushing for GF1 patch, just want to let you guys know this.

Comment

had my first shoot tonight with the english patch and 24p, loved it. If I wanted playback I simply put my card in a laptop onset and viewed the footage. Went swimmingly nevertheless. Once I get home I'll update my thread with grabs.

Comment

Originally posted by Car3o View Post
                had my first shoot tonight with the english patch and 24p, loved it. If I wanted playback I simply put my card in a laptop onset and viewed the footage. Went swimmingly nevertheless. Once I get home I'll update my thread with grabs.
                Nice Car3o!!- looking forward to some footage!
                Zack - Alignment Productions
                BLOG
                VIMEO
                Panasonic GH-13 / Lumix 7-14mm f4 / Lumix 14-140mm f4 / Vivitar 24mm f2 / Canon FD 28mm f2.8 / Tokina SD 28-70mm f3.5 / Canon FD 50mm f1.4 / MBP 2.66GHz Intel Core i7, 4GB RAM / MACPRO quad 2.7GHz, 8GB RAM / Twin 23" LCD's / FCS2 / AECS4 / Atari 2600
                sigpic

Comment

Keep GH1 v1.22 please

Originally posted by tester13 View Post
                  One note

We may drop GH1 v1.22 support soon as all patches are now ported.
                  If you are still using v1.21 or early version because of battery, it is time to update to patched v1.32 also.
                  Oh my! Please Tester13, will you drop the idea of dropping GH1 v1.22?

I have upgraded my GH1 more than Panasonic can do, with your help.

Changed language to English. I use Korean though.

Use 1080/24p instead of 1080/60i, with GOP size 6.

When it comes to 760/60p, GOP size 6 works okay.

Maximum bitrate is set at 30Mbps

Bitrate Adjustment 1 is at 20Mbps.

Bitrate Adjustment 2 is 22Mbps.

In my case if BA 1 is higher than BA 2, ie 22-20, it crashes.

BA 1 should be 20Mbps and lower. (Higher than 20 causes crashes)

BA 2 should be 22Mbps and lower. (Higher than 22 causes crashes)

Under above settings, it works real smart and smooth. Thanks!!!!

Then my only problem.

I am not able to use the new firmware v1.32, official or hacked.

Actually the last time I upped hack formware onto my body successfully, the verson increment numver was 13 (it gave me 0x012F 303) and I stopped.

I guess the increment number 14 would result in 0x0130 meaning v1.30. Am I right?

Then the new and official firmware came out, so did yours.

As soon as I got the 1.32 firmware and your new tool, I first tried to upload the not-hacked official version. Oh no! It didn't work. Failed to recognize the official firmware displaying "No Valid Images blah blah ..."

Then I tried to upload new hacked firmware using increment numer 1 resulting in 0x130, and unfortunately and unexpectedly it didn't work either.

I have no idea what I have done wrong about.

Currently I have no choice but to use the firmware v1.22. Internally it's 1.36 (0x136) though.

Any tips leading to something like a solution would be greatly appreciated.

And Tester13, I humbly request you plz not to drop v.122.

Should I have to just sit and wait until the next official verson 1.4?
                  Last edited by park25; 05-17-2010, 11:24 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

Since the 24P is not being spread out over 60 individual video interlaced frame/fields, and instead in 24FPS discrete frames; would this not make for better compression?

Can you also view the thumbnails ( not play them ) however just see the thumbnails without crashing..?

Michael Pappas
                    http://www.pbase.com/Arrfilms
                    Last edited by PappasArts; 05-18-2010, 12:23 AM.
                    sigpic
                    “The talent of an artist is never measured on how real they can create something, it’s on how much life they can give it”

Comment

This sounds really encouraging. Hats off to you and Tester13 for getting this off the ground. Look forward to seeing some footage.
                      Adrian

Comment

Originally posted by park25 View Post
                        Oh my! Please Tester13, will you drop the idea of dropping GH1 v1.22?

Currently I have no choice but to use the firmware v1.22. Internally it's 1.36 (0x136) though.

Any tips leading to something like a solution would be greatly appreciated.

And Tester13, I humbly request you plz not to drop v.122.
                        Here is solution to your problem.
                        Load v1.32 and use high version incriment.
                        If for patched v1.22 you have v1.36 now.
                        It is not enought to make v1.37 from v1.32.
                        As firmware also have release number and these number are closer than version numbers (0x6A for 0x132 and 0x61 for 0x122).
                        Now your increment is 0x14, and instead of 0x15 you must use 0x1D or higher.

Comment

Is it possible to use Eye-Fi cards with GH1?
                          Main problem with them is that they are locked and operate at high level.
                          If it will be possible just to mirror SD Card FAT on main computer in real time it will result in realtime FullHD monitoring solution (with slight delay, of course).
                          As some players are able to play incomplete MTS files while they are being written.

P.S. We all hope to see some beautiful girls instead of cars at night.

Comment

I can't use the firmware v1.32 and now I might find the cause.

Right before the firmware v1.32 came out, I used the increment number 13 and though it was version 1.29. Alas, I checked the ptool and found out it was 1.2F, not 1.29.

V1.29 is the increment number 7.

So I suppose if we use the increment number 8 and above, we don't use the new firmware v1.32. That's exactly what I'm experiencing.

Then I want to know if there are other GH1 testers who intensively test the ptool reaching the increment number 7 and going on beyond the limit.

Or is there any limit actually and just my body is too picky?

Comment

See my answer above, please.
                              You just need to use really hight increment for v1.32.

Comment

Thanks for the quick and valuable answer, tester13.

And for a double check...

My last increment number on v1.22 was 20. It shows the value is 0x136 310.

Then exactly what increment number should I use on v1.32?

You said I should use 0x1D or higher, but I don't know what number it is.

Maybe I am wrong thinking 0x136 means internal version 1.36.

I really appreciate your philanthropic work and personal advice too.

If "0x1D or higher" means the value, it seems that I should use the incrememt number of 7118 or higher as 7118 results in 0x1D00. Do I understand you correctly? Please forgive my ignorance if I'm wrong.
                                Last edited by park25; 05-18-2010, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X