Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GH1 firmware research volunteers required

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Has anyone tested the hack for G2 with MANUAL VIDEO MODE checked? Do all the manual controls really disappear after switching off or turning to other snapshot mode?

    Comment


      Tack!

      ..btw, i've gotta say! I tried and successfully tested the pTool. Woo!
      G2 is now operable in 30 languages. I've applied all the hacks except for the "tester hacks".

      Here it is..

      Thank you 'tester' - you are the best, i am gonna save off my student 'expense and contribute to you.


      20110330_001.jpg
      fig.1 English Menu

      20110330_005.jpg
      fig.2 All the available languages

      Comment


        Originally posted by stryker9 View Post
        I've applied all the hacks except for the "tester hacks".
        So, what about the manual video mode? Are the manual controls still available after switching off or after turning to other photo mode?

        Comment


          Originally posted by producer View Post
          So, what about the manual video mode? Are the manual controls still available after switching off or after turning to other photo mode?
          Yes, they are.
          Just enter menu and exit from it to be back to switch from photo manual modes to same film modes.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Vitaliy Kiselev View Post
            Yes, they are.
            Just enter menu and exit from it to be back to switch from photo manual modes to same film modes.
            Спасибо, Виталий! Привет из Болгарии!
            One more question to you, please:
            The only thing I'm not sure is about VERSION INCREMENT: to check it or not to check it?
            My G2 is brand new with firmware 1.0, never hacked or upgraded!
            So, what do I need to do with VERSION INCREMENT exactly in this case?
            Thanks!

            Comment


              Check it, it won't hurt :-)
              Btw, do not check PAL/NTSC menu, as it is not working in current version.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Vitaliy Kiselev View Post
                Check it, it won't hurt :-)
                Btw, do not check PAL/NTSC menu, as it is not working in current version.
                Ok, the hacked firmware works!
                But what do I need to do exactly so that to see the video manual settings? I'm on movie mode (AVCHD), but don't see any additional controls (like Aperture, Shutter, etc.).
                Also, when I open AVCHD video file taken before hacking, Media Info shows "NTSC, 50fps". Now, after hacking, Media Info shows exactly the same - "NTSC, 50fps". Is this normal? Why doesn't it show "PAL, 25fps"? My G2 is UK PAL model actually!!! No "NTSC<>PAL Menu" checked in PTool !!!
                Please for your advice!
                Thanks!
                Last edited by producer; 04-12-2011, 04:29 AM.

                Comment


                  Vitaliy Kiselev:
                  "Current needs: Unhackable GH1" means you actually need a new GH1 to continue your work? Will donations contribute to this?

                  Thanks alot for all help people, even tho im new to the panasonic cameras.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by VeganDelight View Post
                    Vitaliy Kiselev:
                    "Current needs: Unhackable GH1" means you actually need a new GH1 to continue your work? Will donations contribute to this?

                    Thanks alot for all help people, even tho im new to the panasonic cameras.
                    Yes, see my signature about current status.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Vitaliy Kiselev View Post
                      Yes, see my signature about current status.
                      Sweet, donated $20 for the cause. Its not much but something. Thanks for your hard work.

                      Comment


                        Thanks.

                        Please consider this thread closed.

                        If you want to discuss development this is the right place - http://www.personal-view.com/talks/categories/hack-development

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X