No announcement yet.

GH1 firmware research volunteers required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see. I wish I was more knowledgeable in coding to help you out, alas I only know some limited C++.

Comment

Patching the test instructions.
      You can replace the compare instructions with NOP (no operation) instructions, or reroute the addresses to the desired path.

Good luck.

Comment

If I remeber correctly, when some of the working first GH1 prototypes where shown at some photography show- a fellow brought an SD card and shot a few clips then put the raw clips up on the net. I specifically remember downloading the raw clips and that they were 1080 24p native with no pulldown, and the footage hadnt been modified in anyway by the guy- just uploaded from the sd card.

My guess is that the gh1 was originaly 1080/24p native avchd, then panasonic decided to add a pull down to give more compatibility with consumers video editing programs and televisions before its release.

So its not hard for me beleive that a native 24p hack should be quite doable and possibly even easier than it seems. Anyway, Thanks for your efforts.

Comment

the composite(HDMI) output is switchable between PAL and NTSC in menu setting without region check, for your information.

Comment

Originally posted by tester13 View Post
            No, they are not fractional.
            They are just multipled by 100 :-)

Notice that only NTSC model have two different frame rates set.
            All else is the same, and must be native.

so VP_Framerate_3 seems to be the real framerate and VP_Framerate_4 the file framerate.

1080 mode adds pulldown interlacing frames so there should be an extra step before saving. 720p mode seems to the perfect to experiment, would like to know what happens changing only the file framerate.
            Last edited by DrBlaz; 04-23-2010, 06:39 PM.

Comment

excellent work and reed, donating now.
              GH2 / HPX170
              Olympus 14-54 II / Zuiko 24 f2.8

HTTP://AKWD.COM

Comment

Originally posted by tyampel View Post
                Patching the test instructions.
                You can replace the compare instructions with NOP (no operation) instructions, or reroute the addresses to the desired path.
                I know.

Comment

I am rewriting ptool to make it normal application.
                  This includes normal interface and major internal rewriting.

Comment

Can you tell me if there is any future possibility of changing the frame size (as long as datarate is kept within current limits)? Since experimenting with some Sumix camera heads a couple of years ago, I really like being able to set a CinemaScope frame for video! 2K CinemaScope is "only" 2048 x 858, which is a smaller pixel area than full HD (1920 x 1080). The ability to shoot native 'scope would be a unique capability for many people. From your understanding of the firmware so far, could you definitely rule this out -- so I won't keep wondering about it!
                    Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueIndigo View Post
                      Can you tell me if there is any future possibility of changing the frame size (as long as datarate is kept within current limits)? Since experimenting with some Sumix camera heads a couple of years ago, I really like being able to set a CinemaScope frame for video! 2K CinemaScope is "only" 2048 x 858, which is a smaller pixel area than full HD (1920 x 1080). The ability to shoot native 'scope would be a unique capability for many people. From your understanding of the firmware so far, could you definitely rule this out -- so I won't keep wondering about it!
                      It can be possible. But we don't know that is hardcoded and that is not.
                      Last edited by Vitaliy Kiselev; 05-20-2010, 09:48 AM.

Comment

People here asked in private messages about "LENS NOT ATTACHED" problem.
                        Unfortunately reversing is not such far so we could spot how low level arrors are set.
                        Of course it'll take us time to track it down and make working patch.
                        Last edited by Vitaliy Kiselev; 05-20-2010, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply -- I live in hope then! If eventually not for the GH1, might be do-able with another camera like the 550D if it gets investigated.

I can only say again: thanks for your effort on this; I try to understand your screenshots and it looks like chemistry which I never studied!

Maybe use the random number generator to give us all lottery number suggestions so we can win enough money to buy a test camera!

Cheers, have a good weekend.

Comment

It is fun to know that Panasonic guys are watching our progress.
                            As few top IP on my site are from Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo.
                            This is Panasonic offices location (but of course it is just codename of Tokyo center, as I understand) :-)

I offer them to join our discussion, as we are not rebels here, but Panasonic product users and thus partners.
                            As we just need some improvements on Panasonic products and information could greatly help.
                            Most companies underestimate marketing impact of such successfull implementations, as they storm through all major technical related media, are heavily discussed and allow you to increase sales.
                            May be now it is time for such non-standard approach :-)

Comment

Originally posted by TrueIndigo View Post
                              I try to understand your screenshots and it looks like chemistry which I never studied!
                              It is never late to start learning something.
                              Last edited by Vitaliy Kiselev; 05-20-2010, 09:49 AM.

Comment

"I offer them to join our discussion, as we are not rebels here, but Panasonic product users and thus partners" -- yes, I saw today that on the Editshare webpage the counter shows already over 7,000 people wanting to be informed of the opensource version of Lightworks. There are viable, lean and interactive new business models coming to prominence in the internet era, but traditional companies tend to proceed with a conservative inertia (like oil tankers that take 60 miles to turn round).

Comment

Working...
                                X