GH1 firmware research volunteers required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrBlaz View Post
    But when updating to GH1__123.bin , the progress bar reach about 20% and then shows a message " turn the camera off and on again" , the firmware version 1.0 remains unchanged, tryed several times.
    BTW the batt must be full or the NO VALID IMAGE msg will appear.

Next time, post photos of whole process, including progress bar and resulting message.
    Timing is also interesting.
    Last edited by Vitaliy Kiselev; 05-20-2010, 09:39 AM.

Comment

tester13...since noone has bothered to ask...

you don't own a gh1...so...

WHY ARE YOU DOING WHAT YOU'RE DOING? WHAT DO YOU GAIN FROM ALL THIS RESEARCH?

trust me, i'm game if there's something definate in it for me, but i don't know why you are so interested in doing this for a camera you don't have...please enlighten me.
      "Easier than it sounds, harder than it looks."
      Chris Light
      www.vimeo.com/chrislight

Comment

sharing is caring....
        http://vimeo.com/jobless
        http://www.Nikolicnemanja.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Light View Post
          tester13...since noone has bothered to ask...

you don't own a gh1...so...

WHY ARE YOU DOING WHAT YOU'RE DOING? WHAT DO YOU GAIN FROM ALL THIS RESEARCH?

trust me, i'm game if there's something definate in it for me, but i don't know why you are so interested in doing this for a camera you don't have...please enlighten me.
          It is simple.
          Initially it started as small patch for TZ5 to change very bad 8000KHz/8bit sound encoding in HD movies my family use (not for films, of course :-) )
          After I realized that GH1 is very good capable camera with few clearly seen flaws and firmware format was almost the same, processor commands are the same. So , GH1 project started.
          Last edited by Vitaliy Kiselev; 05-20-2010, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jobless View Post
            sharing is caring....
            best 1st post. ever.
            Chris Light
            www.vimeo.com/chrislight

Comment

I made redirection to Paypal donation page from www.gh1-hack.info.
              This is temporary solution, but it works.
              Last edited by Vitaliy Kiselev; 05-20-2010, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Hello'

When I turn on camera and push "Play mode" button I have same text on the display "NO VALID PICTURE TO PLAY". Yes is same like empty SD card.

PS: My Panasonic GH1 have 1.21 version of firmware.

Regards
                NURBS

Comment

Originally posted by tester13 View Post
                  It is simple.
                  Initially it started as small patch for TZ5 to change very bad 8000KHz/8bit sound encoding in HD movies my family use (not for films, of course :-) )
                  After I realized that GH1 is very good capable camera with few clearly seen flaws and firmware format was almost the same, processor commands are the same. (and digest protection is the same )
                  So , GH1 project started.
                  hmm.ok. you lost me at "Initially", but i get it. conversation is not your thing. good luck.
                  Chris Light
                  www.vimeo.com/chrislight

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Light View Post
                    hmm.ok. you lost me at "Initially", but i get it. conversation is not your thing. good luck.
                    If you don't have anything useful to say, just don't post.

Comment

@Chris Light: aint it obvious? it's a good chance for him to get an GH1 without spending money in the process ;) to be frank, he still deserves it, either by the time spend on the FW hack or by the genius involved (even if he spends almost no time on the hack).

@tester13: are descriptions of tried/failed FW updates in text style really of any help? wouldn't it make more sense to get the next best thing to an test body: short videos (even very small & low res crappy ones captured with an phone), at least until enough donations get in to get you a GH1.

Comment

Originally posted by K.S. View Post
                        @Chris Light: aint it obvious? it's a good chance for him to get an GH1 without spending money in the process ;) to be frank, he still deserves it, either by the time spend on the FW hack or by the genius involved (even if he spends almost no time on the hack).
                        It is not the case here :-) As it is quite strange approach to get GH1, don't you think? I did not start this thread asking for body, instead I asked GH1 owners for help, and use their GH1.

@tester13: are descriptions of tried/failed FW updates in text style really of any help? wouldn't it make more sense to get the next best thing to an test body: short videos (even very small & low res crappy ones captured with an phone), at least until enough donations get in to get you a GH1.
                        Text descriptions are fine, we don't need any videos.
                        But if you have time, do it.

Comment

K.S for what it`s worth i dont think Tester13 has a motive to aquire a free GH1 by engineering these solutions

And Tester will you keep us posted as to how close we are to raising the amount needed for a test body?

Comment

I donated. If he gets a camera out of it, that's great. If we get firmware out of it, that's even better. If he has a camera to actually work with, that would make the likelyhood of working firmware even more likely IMHO.

Comment

I am working on TZ5 for now.

Also Panasonic provide C++ compiler for LSI based controllers.
                              Last edited by Vitaliy Kiselev; 05-20-2010, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_B View Post
                                Hmmm...that explains why it has to do LCD and composite output at the same time, why it can't do viewfinder and composite output....interesting.
                                I don't think this is the case, as on my Sony the composite output works fine during video recording. If they have an issue with supporting both they could switch off the LCD when the composite is in use.

Comment

Working...
                                X