Testing V-LOG internal recording with the GH4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GH4 Testing V-LOG internal recording with the GH4

I did a very non-technical test with V-LUT, my custom profile and Cinelike D to see how they compared to each other.

It's not a very representative test. And the color grade could be better, especially around the eyes., they picked up a lot of the cyan at least in the V-LOG clip.

But it was still interesting to see some of the differenes.

VLOG in 8 bit looks fine, about as good as the Cinelike D. But you wouldn't be able to push the highlights at all so it's not practical outside of your room with the curtains closed. It good to know that someone else is using a GH4. Though to be honest I haven't touched my 2 GH4s in a long time and would sell them if I could be bothered to.

Comment

Originally posted by mothmachine View Post
      VLOG in 8 bit looks fine, about as good as the Cinelike D. But you wouldn't be able to push the highlights at all so it's not practical outside of your room with the curtains closed. It good to know that someone else is using a GH4. Though to be honest I haven't touched my 2 GH4s in a long time and would sell them if I could be bothered to.
      That's very true. I would only use V-LOG in situations where I would be able to control the exposure well.

The GH4 is an extremely budget friendly 4k camera that you can still get a lot of decent looking footage from. But the plan is to step up to the GH5 soon.

Comment

Working...
      X