This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VoltaicHD One Step Pulldown - GOOD NEWS

Last week I got in touch with Justin over at Shedworx and mentioned the desire for filmmakers to have the option to use inverse pulldown in VoltaicHD. They quickly implemented inverse pulldown into VoltaicHD and it will be available in the next few days. So a much easier one step workflow will be available for both Mac and PC with no need for using JES. I've tried it and it works.

Stay tuned.

Reserved for workflow

Comment

Does it properly reverse out the chroma from the interlaced 4:2:0 recording?
      The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

Yes, it properly reverses out the chroma. It doesn't do any chroma interpolation to 4:2:2 like neoscene. I've requested this feature for encoding to prores but don't know yet if they can implement this.

Comment

Barry, What are you thinking for your work flow in Edius (given that there are lots of exciting developments in transcoding etc)?

Issac, I might have said it before but you are a champ!!!
          sigpic

"Circles" Thread HERE

"Circles" Facebook fan page HERE

'Money talks they say. All it ever said to me was "Goodbye."' - Cary Grant

Comment

I'm intrigued by the idea that CanopusHQ can easily remove pulldown, so I might go with that. I haven't played with native 1080/24p-over-60i in EDIUS as-is, so it might already be there from native AVCHD files and I just don't know it.
            The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

I just put a 50p clip through Voltaic, which was uploaded by QTI http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=171355
              Changing the preferences to expert settings and then outputting the clip at 50p ( I went to Photo Jpeg ), gave a perfect slow motion in one step. I had tried this with one of the 60p clips and it seemed to work. I don't know if this is something that anybody else has tried to do yet, but it seems like an alternative way to me, to get slow motion very quickly.
              Adrian

Comment

I just downloaded the trial version of Voltaic.

I didn't choose the expert mode or any other mode, and my clip also came out as a perfect slow motion in one step - in fact I can't get a clip in normal speed. What should I do? I have already used 4 of the 10 trials permitted...

Comment

I didn't choose the expert mode or any other mode, and my clip also came out as a perfect slow motion in one step - in fact I can't get a clip in normal speed. What should I do? I have already used 4 of the 10 trials permitted...
                  Is this happening to the 1080 clips too? If it's just happening to the 720 clips then maybe try exporting the two types separately. Unfortunately, the only way I can see that this works is by changing the export options in preferences and typing in the frame rate for export along with the codec you choose. I'm just trying this method out, so I could be missing something.
                  Adrian

Comment

No its only happening to the 720 clips and not the 1080 clips, and I don't know what to change in the export options (I tried setting output to 25fps and the clip became unplayable).

Comment

I had the same problem, I actually thought it was recorded that slow until I saw this thread. I've used up my 10 conversions so I can't troubleshoot it now. I've noticed that neo scene has been making some changes to the black background of your stormtrooper source file. I've been discussing this with David from cineform. Your file link was down so I've put it on megaupload for the cineform guys to have a look at.
                      gamma-movie.com The Indie Gathering 2016 Sci-Fi feature screenplay award winner.

Comment

the new version of VLC player plays back the mts files on a mac.
                        gamma-movie.com The Indie Gathering 2016 Sci-Fi feature screenplay award winner.

Comment

Thanks squig

Yes all the links are down as Dropbox stopped them for "excessive usage" so thanks for passing them on to Cineform.

There are visibly more artifacts when the MTS clips are played on VLC than the files converted from Neo Scene which I have also just downloaded to test (which look much cleaner and smoother).

Re slow in Voltaic - may be worth mentioning that only the video was slowed but the sound was played at normal speed.

Comment

I noticed there's some visible artifacts showing on the back of the macbook lid on the mts source file. I'm interested how it would look if it was shot with mjpeg.

Comment

the new version of VLC player plays back the mts files on a mac.
                              Cheers,I will give this a go for playback.

Problems I have had with Voltaic are: Quitting on my MBP when exporting to Pro Res?? I've tried this on another computer and it's no problem. Also with QTI's clips I have seen some major blocking when exporting out to the default AIC, with Photo Jpeg for example it's very clean. The 10 export demo for Voltaic is a bit limiting IMO, I know it's only 40 bucks, but they should really extend this a little more as I feel they've got a good product that deserves a bit more time.
                              Adrian

Comment

Working...
                              X